Chapter 31: You are The Best Father, Dad.

*You Are The Best Father, Dad*

---------------------------------------------------

-Maryam-

"Take care and come again soon." My Aunty says as she pulled me into a tight hug. I close my eyes with a sigh when it started to get teary. I nodded and pulled back. I smiled at my Uncle and get a pat on my head and a smile in return. 

"Call me when you land there." Simra says as she gives me a quick hug. I nodded and grabbed my bags before walking toward the security check.

***

A sigh escapes from me when I take my seat next to the window and look out. I smile slightly and remember how much love I get after coming back to L.A and meeting my relatives again. Everyone was still the same, loving and caring. I still couldn't believe that I stay here for a month and I don't know how time fly. 

A few weeks ago, I got a call on the birth of Aahil and video call Misha because my Aunty didn't want me to leave so I decide to do it. Misha understands and told me to stay here, but now I am going back. I love being in L.A but I missed everyone back at home. There is one person who I am scared to see. I don't want to see him now, but I know he is going to be around as he is Rayyan best friend and I have to deal with it if I like it or not. I have already decided to play happily in front of everyone so no one suspect anything. 

When I land in New York, I grabbed my bags and look around to find Saim because he is coming to pick me up with Nadia. I smile slightly when I saw them looking around confused. I walk toward them and my small smile turned into fall when I saw Nadia waving and smiling. I laugh lightly as she pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged her back and smile at Saim over her shoulder. 

"Finally, you are back. I was missing you." Nadia says as she pulled back. Saim takes my bags before walking out and we follow him. She told me things happened while I was away. Safia exams are finished and now she is chilling at home while waiting for her result. Saim and Nadia are going on vacation next week.

"There is something that happened a few days ago but we are not going to tell you now. You have to wait until we get home." Saim says as he drives toward home. I frowned and look at them confused when they shared a secret look. I don't know what happened and what they are hiding from me. 

When we get home, I saw Dad's car parked outside. I grinned and quickly walk out without waiting for anyone. I rushed into the already open door and straight into the living room where I know Dad will be. When I step in, I saw Dad sitting on couch with Mom and Aunty discussion about something but stop when they heard me. Dad smiled and stood up. I have given my Salam to everyone before walking over to Dad and hugged him tightly making him laugh softly. 

I sigh and closed my eyes as I inhale his familiar fatherly scent. After a few minutes, he pulled back and kissed my forehead before I hug my Mom and Aunty. After almost half an hour, everyone was seated in the living room. We chatted about things I do with my cousins.

After dinner with Simra in-laws, I go out with my other cousins and hang out with them until it was time for a big dinner where all relatives gathered. My elder cousin was married and have a 2 year old baby boy who I adore. He has innocent brown eyes that he got from his mother. He wasn't troublemaker like my cousin and that is what I am thankful for. It was fun staying there for a month. 

"Go freshen up. We will serve dinner for everyone." Mom says. I nodded with a smile and went up into my room. My bags were on the floor by my bed. I walk over and start setting my cloths back in my closet before taking a quick shower. 

"Come in, " I called out when I was brushing my hairs. My room door open and Dad come in with a smile.

"Let me do it. I miss combing your hairs." He says and take my brush from my hands.

He makes me sit on the stool by my dresser. He stood behind me and start brushing my hairs. I looked at him through the mirror and saw as he focus on his task. Every time he runs the brush through my hairs, it was very gentle like he was trying not to hurt me. I don't really think that my Dad would ever hurt me. 

"Dad, are you okay?" I asked him when I saw creases forming on his forehead. He looked at me in the mirror and sigh.

"I... I just want to apologize."

"For what?" I asked him confused and stood up to face him. He looked at me for a few seconds before looking away. 

"For pushing you to marry Saim. I know I already say sorry and you forgive me, but I just feel like I am the worst Dad for forcing you to do something that you don't want to." He admits making me shake my head. I feel my heart clench when I saw his eyes clouded with sadness.

"You are the best father, Dad. I don't blame you or anyone. I don't care what others think about what you did, but I know whatever you do, you think it would be best for me." I take a deep breath to control my emotions.

"You know I hate seeing you sad. Cheer up." I lightly press my fingers on his side and smirk as he jump a few steps back. He glared at me playfully before rolling his eyes with a smile. He steps forward and wrapped his arms around me. I sigh and put my head on his chest, hearing his heart beat. 

"I am going to miss you when you will get married and leave me."

"I don't want to get married soon and leave you and Mom alone." I told him making him chuckle. He pulled back and shake his head. He looked at me for a few minutes before looking at the door. 

"Let's head down for dinner or else your mother will be lecturing us." He says and we went down. I smiled at my Dad and enter in the dining room where everyone was waiting for us. I pulled out a chair in between my parents and sit before we start dinner. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about this chapter.

Next chapter will be out on Sunday or maybe Monday.

Chapter 1 of Unlock His Heart will be out tonight. In Sha Allah. ☺

Thank you for your support!

-Maddy.!