Chapter 8

"Who said I don't care anymore?"

I stood frozen on the spot. I heard Rock Lee excuse himself which left me, Kiba and Sasori in the scene. I looked at my ex. He still had that short, spiky hairstyle of his that I grew to love. His sharp black orbs pierced me.

And then I felt it. That awful pang of nostalgia hitting me again.

And I hate this feeling.

"K-Kiba," I bit my lip the moment I caught myself stuttering like a twelve-year-old freshman confessing to her long-time crush.

I thought him talking to me again is the ultimate shocker. But I was damn wrong.

He grabbed both my hands and seriously said, "Sakura, we need to talk."

My heart beated wildly..

And by then I knew that I haven't completely got over him. Kiba Inuzuka was everything to me---heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he still is! It's funny how it takes longer time to move on than to develop romantic feelings for someone. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.

But now...

"Ehem."

I turned to Sasori who cleared his throat to catch my attention. I smiled warily at him. I am not that foolish love-drunk girl. Not anymore.

I took in a deep breathe and pulled my hands away from Kiba's grasp. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"W-We have nothing to talk about. Sorry, but I need to go."

But just before I could even walk away, the dog-lover stop my by grabbing my arm; making me turn to him.

"Sakura, please! The rumors.. it's not what you think it is!"

I glared at him. What the fuck is he talking about? "Did you spread them?" I asked. He looked down and nodded. I snatched my arm back and spat, "Well, you must be really happy making my life a living hell."

"Look... yeah, I spread those lies about you.. but it was all just a bet!! My friend made me do it! Saku----"

Before Kiba can finish his explanation, a certain redhead came in between us and held my hand. I saw Sasori's poker face as he spoke to my ex.

"We have classes."

Kiba glared daggers at Sasori and raised a fist. "Who the heck are you? Hey buddy, this is none of your business!! You're not even a part of Sakura's life!! So stay out of the way!"

Sasori rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his red hair..

"I think you should tell that to yourself."

"Huh? What the...."

"What are you to her?"

Kiba looked more confused than ever, "Uh... her ex."

And that made the Akasuna smirk.

"Exactly. And I am her boyfriend. Use your brain if you have one.. So, if you'll excuse us," and then Sasori pulled me away from the scene, leaving Kiba dumbfounded.

It was only then did I realized that we were surrounded by other students earlier. Tsk. Bitches.. Always in for some latest issues. I averted my eyes at our intertwined hands and blushed.

Sasori Akasuna.. thank you.

*

"Are you okay? Do you want me to get you something else to eat?"

I shook my head and cringed at the thought of Sasori buying me more food. He already ordered a buffet for me. Pfft! Well, not really.. but damn this!

"Do you want me to get fat?"

He chuckled beside me and poked my cheek that made me slapped his hand away.

His smile widened.

"Even if you look like a pig, I'll still love you no less."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being so cheesy."

"It's true, sweetie. Now, say 'aahh'.."

My cheeks heated up again the moment he raised a spoon filled with chicken soup. I opened my mouth and ate it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kiba glaring two table away. I can feel the intensity of his glare..

I gulped and hesitantly looked at my so-called boyfriend.

"Sasori?"

"I know."

I frowned. "Can you please let me finish?"

He smirked and placed his hand on my thigh. I shivered by his touch. Take note, I'm wearing a over-the-knee-length dress.

OMG! WAAAAAAH! I'M NOT READY YEEEET! ahihihi... but if he forces us to, then I guess we have no choice but to comply...

WTF?! INNER?!?!?!

Yup!! ≧﹏≦

Ugh!! Nevermind!! I'll deal with you later!

No need! Sasori-sama will deal with us..if you know what I mean *wiggles eyebrows*

CHAAAAAA! SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

"Sakura.."

I snapped back to reality. Damn that inner Sakura! I thought I already pushed her to the deepest pits of my messed up mind?! Now she's back with her um.... not-so-clean..thoughts! Grrr!

"A-Ahhh.. yeah?"

Yeah?! Oh, Sasori-kuunn... why are you so fudgin' hot?!

Sasori sighed.

"I won't let him ruin your life... neither would I let him ruin us."

Somehow, I felt the butterflies in my stomach. I smiled and nodded at Sasori..my boyfriend. But still, Kiba's explanation earlier still bothered me.

***

crappy chapter, I know 😂😂😂 hahaha...