Chapter 27

Hours passed by since Shikamaru gave me this picture. I don't know what's happening to me but I suddenly feel uneasy. Maybe this girl is another star? Ah, wait! Then why does Shika have this? Tsk.. more importantly, what does Sasori know about this?

I took in a deep breath and glanced at it again.

Maybe I should ask him about this.. yeah. I bet he wouldn't mind.

Just in time, the bell rang. Our teacher stood straight and gathered his books before saying, "Class dismissed."

In an instant, I got up and slung mu bag over my shoulder in an attempt to jolt out of the room first. But before I could even do so, Deidara blocked my way.

He was smiling. "Bye, Sakura-chan, un!"

"Ahhh... yeah. Bye Deidara. Um, hey? I gotta go. There's um..an emergency at home. Tell Ino to call me tonight, 'kay?"

But while I was talking to him, I noticed his eyes fixed at the picture I was holding. His expression slightly became unreadable. I had to snap my fingers in front of him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Hesitant, he gave me a small nod and turned on his heel to leave. "Yeah."

I'd lie if I say I wasn't bothered by his reaction.. It's a shame Ino and Hinata aren't here. Maybe Deidara just... ugh. Even my mind can't make up an excuse. Gripping the picture in my hand, I proceeded to the hallway.

While walking through the lobby, my mind still geared upon the many scenarios that happened today. It's like, everything is a puzzle and people are giving me the pieces I have to fit together.

And unfortunately, I'm not good at puzzles.

Literally.

"Sakura,"

I stopped upon hearing the familiar voice. Why is she here? Without turning around, I asked, "Um... what is it? Sorry, but I'm kinda in a rush." I don't have time to face her now. I need to ask Sasori who this girl in the picture is! But I guess she wouldn't let me go that easily.

"Is that how you talk to the principal? Show some respect, child."

I sighed and turned to meet her hazel brown eyes. But unlike before, they weren't fierce. Lady Tsunade's eyes were suprisingly soft as she eyed me.

"What is it, ma'am?"

This time, she was the one to sigh. The blonde glanced sideways to make sure that we were the only ones here. Then, she took a step forward and placed her hands on my shoulders.

...and smiled.

"I'm sorry for believing the rumors before. Err... that was unprofessional of me, knowing you wouldn't do such unmatured things. I just want you to know, that if you need a mom," Lady Tsunade then ruffled my hair, "you know where to find me. Okay, Sakura?"

After processing what she just said, I beamed her a smile. A smile that reflects everything that happened to me this past month.

"Thank you."

*

The moment I reached my apartment's door, I suddenly felt hesitant to enter. I wonder if Sasori is home? I haven't seen him nor Karin all day. I wonder what she told him...

Atlast, after a few miserable attempts, I finally had the guts to open the door.

And when I did, I was taken aback when a tall figure stood right in front of it. Sasori looked up, and saw me staring at him. He was still wearing his school uniform, but his expression wasn't like before. He seemed bothered somehow.

"Is there any problem?" I asked.

But in response, he shook his head and averted his eyes at another direction before stepping closer to me.

My heart raced. And that when I realized I missed him. Is he gonna hug me? Unconciously, I told him, "Where have you been all day? I-I've missed you...." I expected an answer from him. But all my hopes were crushed when I heard him say,

"I'm going out."

...passing me by. I stood there, frozen even after he exited the apartment. I can't move---or atleast, my body doesn't want to move.

Silence filled the empty room as I processed what he said and rather, what he did just a few moments ago.

What's going on?

***