Chapter 38

Sasori's POV

I've been sitting here in my office for what felt like hours. The only sound you can hear is the ticking of a wallclock. I heaved a sigh and carefully ran my eyes over the pile of folders on my desk.

My father just called and arranged my wedding two weeks from now. My mother, on the other hand, took care of everything else.

In fourteen days' time, I'll be married to Tamaki.

My life is a hellhole.

And no one would dare save me from this.

I glanced at the clock. 9:45pm.

Standing up, I gathered all my belongings and walked out of my office. I think I need a break from all this.

*

I'm at a bar. Well, don't be surprised if I tell you I spent most of my free time here. The loud music and sting of alcohol invaded my system. I called for the bartender one more time and ordered another round of Jack Daniels.

"Sasori.."

Before I could even lift my shotglass up, I saw a girl with long pink hair and emerald green eyes. My body automatically went still for a few moments. My mind is playing tricks on me again. I bitterly thought and took in the female's whole appearance.

She looked just like my Sakura.

A dry laugh escaped my lips.

"Eh? What on earth would Sakura Haruno be doing in France?! Ha ha ha!"

I tried blinking the illusion away, but nothing happened. The girl was still there, looking intently at me. Just then, she wrapped her arms around me in an embrace.

My heart did a backflip and I was pretty sure my body burned from the inside out.

"I missed you.."

"Y-You're not Sakura." I croacked, and gently pushed her away.

She smiled lovingly at me and stroked my hair that sent shivers down my spine. Damn. This is not good. The alcohol is affecting my stupid hormones again!

"Idiot... Do you want me to prove myself?"

Before I could even say a word, the pinkette claimed my lips and tangled her hands in my hair as she sat on my lap. My eyes slightly widened at first, but after I felt her tongue enter my mouth, I closed my eyes. My hands roamed towards her back and rested a little above her behind.

Sakura..

We parted for air, and when she opened her majestic green eyes, that's when I couldn't bear it anymore.

"Let's move to somewhere private."

And the next events became a blur. Whether it's because of all the liquor I drank or her intoxicating kisses, I don't know. I don't want to find out. Her hair, her voice, everything reminds me of the woman I loved.. Of the woman I left behind a few months back.

The next thing I knew, I was losing my control.

We kissed heatedly as I led her inside my room. Immediately, I pushed her to the bed and started unbuttoning my white sleeved shirt. When I finally removed it, I noticed the girl blushing madly whil examining my torso lined with abs.

I saw her gulped.

"What?" I asked, crawling towards her.

She looked me in the eye and murmured,

"Sasori.. sekushiidesune."

A playful smirk crossed my lips as I planted sweet kisses on her neck. I heard her moan and at that moment, it sounded awfully familiar. Sakura's beautiful face flooded my mind and later on, I realized I was chanting her name.

Sakura Haruno.. aishiteru.

*

Sunlight shone, which made me cringe and stir to the other side of the bed. But when I did, a felt a figure scooting closer to my naked body. And that's when I remembered bits of what happened the night before.

I instantly opened my eyes and paled when I saw a head of pink hair resting beside me.

My heart raced.

C-Could it be..?

I gently pushed a few locks away from the girl's face. And at the same time, she opened her forest green eyes and smiled charmingly at me.

"Good morning, tiger."

"S...Sakura.."

I then took in her body. She was wrapped in my blankets. I slightly raised the sheets to check if my hunch was right.

"Damn.. d-did we have..?"

She blushed crimson but nodded as an answer.

Sakura's POV

I thought he was going to frown and throw me back to Japan, but I was relieved when Sasori Akasuna grinned seductively and moved on top of me. He then starting kissing my cheeks and whispered,

"Naughty girl. You shouldn't take advantage of me like that, Sakura-chan..." I can hear the teasing smile in his voice.

I laughed and pecked his lips.

"I guess we're even now. We both woke up to see each other naked in our own beds."

The redhead stared at me. His gaze, smoldering.

"How did you get here?"

"Try taking a plane."

He stayed silent.. I knew I haved to explain. And so, I took in a deep breathe and started, "After graduation, I fixed myself. I applied and got a scholarship. I gathered all the courage in me and followed you here. Deidara and the others supported me because..."

"Because?"

I looked away. "Because they know, how much I love you, you worthless jerk."

And thag made Sasori chuckle. He then wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple.

"You forgive me for lying to you?"

I rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't have sex with you if I didn't, right? Yes. I do forgive you, Akasuna. What else can I do? You made me fall...hard."

"What about Sasuke?" His tone turned serious.

I shook my head. "He's just my friend. And I guess he finally accepted that fact."

He nodded and started making circles on my tummy.

"Sakura.. I love you."

"I love you t---------"

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!"

An angry scream interrupted us. And that's when I noticed a brunette---Tamaki, Sasori's fiance--standing at the door. Her eyes blazed with tears and her lips drew a thin line as she glared at the two of us.

Uh oh..

***

sekushiidesune = You're sexy

***

I just want to thank all of you for reading this book. :) The end is near. Hang on, okay? God bless ♥ and I hope you learned something while reading Make A Wish! 😘

-Misty