Chapter 40 [Last Chapter]

Sasori's POV

"Again, I'm sorry Tamaki.."

She sadly nodded and embraced me. I hugged her back and tried my best to stop her from shedding any more tears for me.

After the talk with my father, he suggested me to approach Tamaki for a formal closure. I know that she has feelings for me, but what can I do? I need to tell her that I've already found that girl I wanted to marry.

After chatting for a while and eating lunch with her family, I got into my car with a smile on my face.

Sakura's waiting for me.

And she's in for a surprise. I hope she says yes.

*

The moment I stepped foot into the mansion, I knew something wasn't right. My chest felt heavy at the sight if Deidara and Karin bickering. I slowly roamed my eyes around the living room, in search for a pinkette.

When I couldn't find her, that's when I interrupted the two.

"Where's Sakura?" I asked, trying to act calm. Well, in fact, the interior part of me is already on a rampage. Panic pinned my heart on the spot.

It was Deidara, looking errified to see me, who spoke,

"U-Um.... It's her fault, un!! I just argued with some manager dude who didn't give me a discount on my pizza order when I got back and saw Karin smiling evilly and Sakura-chan gone, yeah!"

I shot my head at Karin. She paled when I glared daggerd at her.

"What the fuck did you do?!" I can't contain my anger anymore. She did something that made Sakura leave! If I wasn't raised a gentleman, I would've slapped this woman!

"S-Sasori... I...uh..."

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

She sighed and raised her hands up in defeat, then said, "Well, I heard about the news.. about Sakura's arrival and all. Then, I heard from Tamaki what happened this morning. So.. um... I was on my way home when I saw you and Tamaki hugging a few hours ago then I kinda took a picture and showed it to Princess bubblegum.....then poof."

My blood instantly boiled at her explanation---if you can even consider it as one. Automatically, I messaged my temples and took in deep breathes to calm my nerves.

"Get out."

"W-What...?"

"I said, GET OUT, Karin. Stop messing with our lives, please! Stop being such a smarty ass when you don't even know what really happened! I swear, if anything bad happens to Sakura, I'll have you behind bars."

And with that, she hurried out.

My blonde bestfriend sat on the couch and worriedly looked at me. "So.. what are you going to do now, un?"

I fetched my phone and dialed a number. After several rings, he finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Uchiha."

"Oh, it's you. What do you want, Akasuna?"

"Where's Sakura?"

"It's a secret." I can almost hear the smirk in his voice. Is he really testing my patience?! Ugh.

"Sasuke, just.. argh! Look, I know she'd call you. Believe me, I didn't know what the heck happened until Karin barked her story! I need to see Sakura.."

"Why should I care?"

I sighed. Eating all my remaining pride left.

"Because it's Sakura we're talking about... help out here, please.."