Chapter 33

Sakura's POV

Sasori Akasuna, get lost..

Those words. Even I can't believe I've said that to him. I'm not usually the kind of girl that thinks before she speaks, but somehow it felt like those words were carefully processed in my mind.

Thinking it through, I know.. I know that maybe this is what I wanted. Maybe all this time, all I wanted was for him to go away. I want him to take a step back and leave me be. Because fixing a broken girl isn't as easy as it seems.

And surely, at the end of the day.. I have nothing else to do but wallow in our memories. Reminiscing about the road not taken. The what ifs and what could have been..

You need to leave it all behind, Sakura. Move on..

"..Are you listening to me, Sakura?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at an irritated Sasuke. He had this malicious glint in his eyes. I gulped and apologized. "Ah, sorry Sasuke.. I was just thinking about.. things."

The raven-haired man frowned and soon enough, I felt him tighten his hold on my hand. It was only then have I noticed the music stopped. We were left standing inside the spacious room. The others must've left already.

"Sakura, tomorrow is the Royal Ball night. Focus.. were you still thinking of him, hm?"

His face inched dangerously closer to mine. Sasuke Uchiha then wrapped his arms around my waist and held me captive in his gaze. My heart constricted. Shouldn't I be jumping in joy? One of the youngest millionaires in the world is in love with me!

I then recalled that night, when I called him. The same night.. I pushed Sasori Akasuna away.

Flashback

Riiiiinnng..... Riiii-----

"Hello?"

I took in a deep breath. This is now or never, Sakura. "Hello, Sasuke? This is Sakura.." I heard paper crumpling at the other end. It took a few more seconds before Sasuke replied, "Sakura? So, finally realized you love me?" I surpressed the urge to cuss at him.

He is my date after all.

"No. Hey, you are aware that the ball thingy is just a few days away, right?"

He snickered. "Yeah. Want me to come over and discuss shitty stuff about that?"

My eyes widened. "Huh? No! I mean, what for anyway? I was just-----!"

"Too late. Be there in five minutes."

toot.toot.tooot..

"What the heck??"

I immediately stood up and went straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Sasuke is coming over?! Psh. This is really a stressful day!

After about ten minutes, I went out, drying my wet hair. But what I saw surprised me.

"AAAAHHH! HOLY POTATO! WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!"

There Sasuke Uchiha was. Sitting on my bed with a coy smile playing on his lips. He wore a navy blue V-neck shirt and some jeans.

"You know, hiding your apartment's spare key under the doormat isn't a unique idea, Sakura."

I rolled my eyes. Oh, boy! Another jerk in the house? Yikes. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at the intruder. "Trespasser."