Chapter 18

Days passed by, faster than usual.

I wonder why.. Is it because Ino and Hinata are finally talking to me and treating me like their friend again? Is it because Kiba isn't bothering me anymore? Or maybe it's because I'm finally enjoying my life..

"Deep in thoughts.. careful, or you might drown."

I gave him a small smile before pushing the empty plate aside and finishing my notes. "Well, you should atleast know how to swim when that happens, right? I mean, you are going to save my ass." I playfully responded and averted my eyes back at my notebook.

Sasori chuckled and from my peripheral vision, I saw him shrugged. "Of course I'm going to save you. I'm your boyfriend. But who's gonna save me when we both drown?"

I rolled my eyes. Okay, so he doesn't know how to swim. That doesn't make him any less perfect.

"Then we'll die."

"Together." He smiled and reached for my hands. I backed away and stuck my tongue out at him which made him pinch my nose in return.

"Ow!! That hurts, you jerk!"

While rubbing my injured nose, I unintentionally noticed something.

"Hey.. why are things going back to..normal?"

He cocked me an eyebrow and scanned the whole cafeteria. "Uh, why? Are things supposed to be like in some crazy TV series or something?"

I shook my head. "Nope. What I mean is, it seems like everyone is over the issues I'm in. It's like, they didn't even heard any rumors spread about me, you know?"

He nodded in understanding. Just then, Naruto came walking towards me with a hot bowl of ramen on his tray.

"Oy! Sakura-chan, mind if I sit beside you?" He hesitantly asked, glancing at Sasori who sat across of me.

I shrugged. "No prob."

Sasori didn't say anything until the blonde finally settled in his seat. I think I should ask Naruto.. maybe he knows something.

"Hey, Naruto... I noticed that uhh, the other students don't give a damn anymore whenever I pass by the hallways. Is there anything up?"

He momentarily stopped slurping down his noodles and sighed before giving me a genuine smile.

"You better ask Kiba about that stuff. He'll explain everything, believe it."

Me and Sasori looked at each other after Naruto said that. He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. Typical Sasori.

*

"Are you seriously coming with me?" I asked for the hundredth time this afternoon.

He smirked, "Of course I am. What if dog boy kidnaps you? Who'll be there to kick his sorry ass out of the campus, honey?"

I heaved a sigh and finally gave up. Sasori Akasuna is on guard while I talk to Kiba-kun and it's official. From the corner of my eye while listening to Orochimaru-sensei's discussion, I saw a glimpse of Karin giving Sasori seductive looks (if you could even consider it seductive =__= blah)

Damn that redheaded bitch. Let's teach her a lesson!! Chaaaa!

I'm way ahead of ya.

"OUCH!! MY HEAD!"

Everyone stopped and turned their attention to the female Uzumaki who was busy with her dramas and fake tearing.

I smirked.

Orochimaru-sensei raised an eyebrow at her, "Missss Uzumaki.. why are you shouting there as if someone jussst hit you with a rock on the head?"

Karin angrily stood up, "BECAUSE I WAS! SOME ASSHOLE JUST THREW A ROCK AT ME!!!" She scanned the room and snorted when her eyes land on me. I gave her an innocent look and smile sweetly.

She pointed me, "It was you!!! Bitch! Am I that gorgeous that you envy me so much, huh?!?! You good for nothing forehead!!"

I frowned but kept my cool.

"You don't have any evidence."

"ARGH!!! I KNOW YOU DID IT!"

I stood up, and defended myself, "Quit whining like a baby, four eyes! You should even be lucky that it was just a rock! If I'm the one who holds a grudge on you, I should've hit you with a coconut instead!"

Karin's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish's. Orochimaru-sensei scolded her as Sasori held my hand and told me to sit back down.

But before the class resumed, I heard my boyfriend ask me, "Where did you get the rock?"

I just smirked and playfully winked at him.

"It's a secret."

*

After dismissal, we searched for my ex. Luckily, we found him and Akamaru in the nearby playgrounds outside our campus. I approached him,

"Hey, Kiba!" But he just gave me a sad smile in return. What's the matter?

"Oh, hey..." he said. When he saw Sasori behind me, Kiba immediately got nervous.

"A-Ah... I gotta go."

Akamaru barked. But I stopped him and grabbed his arm. "Wait! Kiba, I need to ask you something.."

"Yes, you're cleaned out of the issue, Sakura."

I paused when he said that. I cannot believe this... meaning, "You told the whole student body the truth? That.. the rumors were just nonsense?" I can't help but feel giddy at the thought.

So that explains it. I'm out of the hook!

He nodded, sadly.. "Yeah. And I'm sorry about that..... I was just... I-I...ugh, nevermind."

Kiba was about to walk away when I called after him again,

"THANK YOU!"

"Atleast that's over." Sasori said and held my hand. But the moment Kiba stopped, turned to our direction and murmured the words,

"Don't thank me. You should thank Sasuke.. bye."

Sasori squeezed my hand. Almost crushing it by the process.

Which reminds me..

Today is Friday...and Sasuke wants to meet up on Sunday.

Shit.

***