Chapter 28

Weeks went by fast. Before I knew it, it was already February 7. Exactly a week before Valentine's---and unfortunately, exactly a week before our Royal Ball.

Well, truthfully, I could care less about that crap. But the funny thing is, Lady Tsunade already bought a gown for me and Ino kept blackmailing me to attend. So, I had no choice. Besides, our whole class is attending. I guess, I just don't wanna be left behind.

Absentmindedly, I glanced at the door.

I hope he'll attend class today.

Silently, I prayed Sasori Akasuna would come walking through the door. I sighed as I thought of him..

It's been almost three weeks since Karin approached him. After that, he's gotten cold. I mean, he doesn't even talk to me anymore unless necessary. We hardly see each other nowadays and it sickens me to see him with Karin most of the time.

I don't know what happened.

Sasori... he can't even look straight into my eyes anymore.

I feel like, he's treating me like a nobody. Is this how reincarnated stars should act like? I thought he said he'll never leave my side. And now what? I'm sitting here alone at the back of class, hoping my boyfriend would come to school today----which, he rarely does recently.

What a life..

I was deep in thoughts when a cup of coffee suddenly appeared in front of me. I looked up and saw Deidara smiling. "Mocha frappe for the girl who cried love."

Bitterly, I smiled and snatched the cup out of his hands before gulping it.

"Hey! Be careful, un! That's h----"

"OUCH!!"

I immediately spit the beverage out and fanned my mouth. I glared at the blonde, but he just shrugged and said, "I was gonna warn you that the coffee's hot, but I guess you're so preoccupied with your thoughts to bother, un."

I fetched my handkerchief from my pocket and wiped the stain on my blouse. "Ugh... hey, do you think Ino has a spare uniform?"

But instead of answering my question, Deidara stared at me for a while before declaring,

"You look like shit, un."

I rolled my eyes. No need to tell me, idiot. Yeah, I know I do. I admit. The dark circles under my eyes and messy hair said it all. Aside from that, the last time I check, I lost several pounds. I look like a zombie.. well, maybe because at nights, I think of Sasori.

I don't know, but I miss him. Badly. He barely comes home and sometimes I wonder where he's staying at when he's not in my apartment.

"And to answer your question, yeah. I think my cousin has extra. She practically has a closet inside her locker, un." Deidara deadpanned which made me laugh a bit. But somehow, I know that it didn't reach my eyes.

"Thanks. Gotta go." I said and grabbed my bag, heading for the door.

"It's almost time.."

"We still have 15 minutes before first period starts, I'll make it."

And with that said I hurriedly left the room and went to the locker rooms where I bet Ino would be at this hour. The hallway wasn't that crowded, which was an unusual thing. But I just shrugged it off and walked in utter silence.

And it was then did I spot him.

My body tensed up when chocolate brown eyes bore into mine. His hair was still messy, which added appeal to his features. But what really got my attention was the black mark showing under his long sleeves.

I marched towards him and found the courage to speak. "Aren't you going to class?" He didn't answer. Sasori looked away and that's when I grabbed his wrist and tried to take a peek at what I assume is a tattoo.

But he pulled his wrist away.

"You got a tattoo?!" I yelled. Irritated, he glared at me. "Don't bother. You should go to class, it's almost time."

What's happening to you? I wanted to ask him, but then again, I don't know what to do if he answers me. So, I just bowed my head a little and forced the tears from flowing down.

"A-Are you attending class?"

Seconds passed before I heard him reply, "Not today. Sorry." And then, I heard his footsteps walking away.

It's hard to see him like this. It's like, he's keeping everything from me. Is he cheating? Is he falling out of love for me? With every step he took, my heart crumbled. It's just too painful to see the one you love walking away with no explanation why.

Naruto's POV

I ran through the hallway. Kuso! If I don't make it in time, the cafeteria might run out of ramen!  with that thought in mind, I raced pass the other students and skipped the line to reach the counter. Still catching my breath, I said,

"RAMEN PLEASE!!"

But the cafeteria lady raised an eyebrow at me and shook her head, showing the empty casserole of noodles to me. I felt like crying!

So I turned away and looked for Sakura-chan and the others.

I saw them at the table near the entrance. Sakura-chan seems to look worse everyday! But suddenly, I noticed a certain redhead staring at Sakura-chan at a distance. He saw me looking at him and immediately, he smirked and walked away.

I frowned and ran after him.

"Hey, Sasori!"

He stopped, hands in his pockets. "What?"

Bastard.

"Why are you avoiding your girlfriend, huh?! Shouldn't you be with Sakura-chan?!"

"There's a reason why I'm doing this."

And that flared me up. I balled my hands into fists and yelled,

"DAMMIT! SHE LOVES YOU!"

It took him a whole minute before I heard him sigh and answered, "There are things... that shouldn't be discovered, Uzumaki. I'm just doing this to... make sure. Just mind your own business."

And then, he started walking away. But not before long, he halted and added,

"Tell her, I'll be her Valentine's date.... and please, do tell her, that I love her more."

I scoffed and let him blend into the crowd. I took in a deep breath and turned on my heel to where Sakura-chan is. When I reached their table, Deidara offered me his bowl of ramen.

But I guess I lost my appetite. :(

Damn you, Sasori!

"Hey, what's the matter, Naruto?"

I sat beside Sakura-chan and called her name. It was then did she reeled back to reality and noticed my presence.

"Sakura, your boyfriend said-------"

"Sakura Haruno.."

Someome cut me off. We looked at the newcomer and frowned.

Sasuke Uchiha.

But his eyes were fixed at Sakura-chan. And that's when he gave her a bouquet of roses and pushed me aside to sit beside her. I complained, but it was like they have their own world.

I saw how a small smile crossed the pinkette's face as she accepted the flowers.

Sasuke then slung an arm over her shoulder and whispered something in her ear.

Me, Ino and Hinata looked at each other. Deidara just gulped down the bowl of miso soup.

A few seconds after Sasuke pulled away, Sakura-chan declared..

"Sasuke will be my date on Valentine's..."

I face palmed. That sneaky jerk, dattebayo!

This is not good.

***