Chapter 29

Sasori's POV

Everything seems to grow out of order. The moment I've been informed, Karin just can't stop bugging me about it. And the funny thing is, I have nothing to do.. or rather, I can't do anything unless something comes up to help me with everything.

And I just don't want everything to change.. no, not yet.

After reading a text Pein sent me, I sighed and picked up my folder. He asked me to meet him at one of his family company buildings in town.

As I descended the staircase, I noticed the eerily orange glow of the sky. Peeking out the apartment's glass window, I saw the sun setting. Darting my eyes at the clock, it read 5:15pm.

Sakura's about to be here any minute.

I smiled bitterly and proceeded my way out. I don't want her to see me. I don't want Sakura to witness me leave the apartment. It's better if she doesn't know about anything.

But the moment I opened the door, a figure greeted me.

Forest green eyes met mine but I lowered my gaze before she could even read the secrets I hide. Her eyes are enough to drive me insane. I thought.

I heard her exhale, loudly.

"Going somewhere?"

I took a step back to let her in and nodded, my face void of any emotion. "Yeah. See ya." LAME. I know. But I just can't come up with a better choice of words! And I know, she would hate me for this.

I felt the tension between us.

So, after nodding my head once, I started walking pass her.

But as our shoulder brushed, I felt my chest tightened. I hate this feeling.

It was then when Sakura Haruno spoke,

"You could atleast act like you care.."

I stopped in my tracks. Our backs turned against each other's. I can feel venom dripping from her words.

"I... I do care."

"Really?!" My eyes widened when she raised her voice. But what really made me turn to look at her, is the fact that Sakura Haruno is crying..

Sakura's POV

"You care? You care?! Then why are you acting like a jerk?! Why do you randomly decide to show up into my life and make me feel so special just to keep my hopes up in the end?! Why did you even tell me you love me when the you failed so many times to show me you still do?! Why leave me all alone... tell me, Sasori.. why? I j-just need a-answers.."

I sobbed. It was never my nature to speak out my mind, but somehow, I felt like I needed to. I wanted to.. I've been keeping this pain for so long.. so long.. no one can blame me for my sudden outburst! I need answers and I need to hear it from him now.

Amidst my tears, I heard his footsteps.

They were getting louder and louder and soon enough, I heard the door slammed shut. I spun around, only to be claimed by his lips.

His hands cupped the sides of my face, gently stroking my skin.. urging me to kiss him back. I felt my heart do a summersault and everything doesn't seem to exist the moment I responded to his heated kisses.

All that matters, is him.

*

Ino stared at me for a long time, before letting out a sigh.

"You're blooming. What happened?"

Memories of last night flashed back. I can feel my cheeks go red by just recalling how passionate we were the night before. And with that, I think Ino got the idea and raised a hand, "Better yet, don't bother. Well, I'm just glad you two made up. It's about time he realize he's been a total dick!"

The locker door beside us slammed. We both looked up and saw a smirking Karin. I frowned. So much for having a peaceful Monday. "Bitch. You think you know him, huh?"

It was Ino who answered back, "Hey, red riding hood, wanna fight? Look, if you're calling yourself a bitch, then you could just ask me to, Karin."

Animatedly, smoke came out of the redhead's ears. She gritted her teeth and was about to reply when Deidara suddenly came and eyed us.

"Umm... am I missing something, un?"

Ino and Karin rolled their eyes. I smiled nervously. "Ah, nothing.. hey, Dei, I'd like you to meet----"

"Karin Uzumaki. I know, un."

And surprisingly, he smiled too friendly at the girl. The female Uzumaki grunted before storming off. Ino and I looked at each other, trying to comprehend the situation. Ino's blonde cousin shrugged. "She's a famous bitch, un... anyway, Sakura-chan,"

Deidara turned to me. "When am I going to meet your so-called boyfriend?"

I smiled. "Well, soon.. I guess. He just shows up unexpectedly." Even though he didn't give me any answers last night as to why. Psh.

I opened my locker and got my books. Our first period is about to start. But as I took out my English book, I failed to notice another book stocked ontop of it. As a result, both books fell to the ground.

Deidara helped me pick it up, but then something caught his attention. He crouch down and held the picture in his hand.

His eyes widened.

"What is it?" Ino and I peeked at the picture. Then, I remember it... it was the same picture Shikamaru gave me before. The one with a brunette. I never really got the chance to ask Sasori about that.

"Why do you have a picture of Tamaki, un?!"

My brows furrowed in confusion.

"Tamaki?" The girl in that picture? Who is she anyway?

And I guess Deidara read my mind. He held the picture up and said, "Tamaki.. my bestfriend's fiance."

"Best..friend..?"

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

The blonde nodded.

"Yeah, un.. my bestfriend from France, Sasori Akasuna."

***