Chapter 21

Snubbish eatery!

We trudged out a short while later well fed yet ripping mad. At least was angry as hell, Claude merely found it all quite amusing. 

I struck out heedlessly into the fat droplets of a drizzling rain. It would pour soon but not yet. The splashes and splatter of heavy rain drops were sparse and merely a warning of the turbulence to come. I welcomed nature's displeasure. It suited my own to a T. If I could have rained my temper on the uppity staffing of that good for nothing restaurant... well then the water gushing down my feet would be red.

I didn't have a conscience to govern me anymore. I wasn't even sure I ever did. Perhaps, it was just as well Claude had risen to his feet when he did and declared himself quite stuffed. Naturally, he footed that bill. The only way I would have made payment there would not only be unpalatable but sadly unacceptable. 

I rounded the block for good measure with only Claude's irksome chuckles at my side keeping me company, then returned my car parked out front of that blasted restaurant before flooring it all the way back to my hotel. But the steam didn't let loose along the way> The pressure only mounted as I rode up the elevator and slammed into my room. 

Claude was ready for my when I turned abruptly on him. His open fist reaching out to restrain my own tightly closed one just before it landed against his soft skin with bruising intensity. He could take me on and handle me effortlessly. I knew it instinctively and my green gaze narrowed in intensity inviting him to do it. With a hot resigned sigh he gave in but voiced his condition first.

" As I am a little out of practice and since I am not as riled up about things as you appear to be, I will need a little incentive. I suggest strip fighting."

The innocent wide-toothed smile he sent my way at that momentarily blinded me to his proposal. Then it registered and I took a step back cocking my head to the side consideringly. My green gaze never left his hidden blue hues. I could see, beyond their amused depths to what lay burrowed beneath. A well of anger as deep as my own.

We had a lot to be angry about, he and I. We had a world of hate to work through too. Perhaps strip fighting was the best way to go about it. It might well be the only thing to keep us from going at it to the very ends. I didn't want to lose him just yet. It was clearly too soon for my own means.

"What are the rules?" I  asked primly.

" Well, I guess it will be much like strip poker. Only at fighting. The loser to each round strips off an article of clothing."

I nodded my head. I have never played strip poker before and was rather glad for this first. Brewing anger aside, this was yet another part if life I had missed. Doing ridiculous things like strip poker. Only I think I would have preferred Claude's suggestion to strip fighting.

We slipped out of our outer jackets and shoes then I moved to the center of the small space. There was not much room but then I didn't need any. I appreciated the compact space. It would keep my prey within easy reaching distance.

I slipped into mild stretches and then sunk low into my ready pose. It had a sort of lunging quality to the stance which was perfect for the opening he afforded me. A swift stabbing motion with his fist that I easily dodged and that told quite clearly he was not taking this seriously.

But that would change.

I would make it so.

I parried his thrusts with nary sweat breaking my brow. Indulging him in his childish turn of this otherwise lethal game. Then I turned the tables on him.

My jabs were swift and accurate, hitting my target without much effort. But it was early yet, so I held back on my punches but that did nothing to stop his exagerared yowls.

It burned my bedded temper higher. And I welcomed that burn. I edged it on even, taunting him, taunting myself recklessly, with the next series of high kicks, strikes and punches, I launched at him.

"Halt!"

Claude called a timeout. Straightening from his battered stance with a fluidity that belayed his earlier volumes cries of pain. I could see the burn of vengence glittering in his eyes as I kept my own emerald hues locked onto his. Holding his silent fury even as he reached down to strip off his tshirt.

The smooth expanse of his chiseled abs was as taunting as the bold glitter of his intense eyes.

I firmed my chin and braced myself for round two.