Chapter 7

I ignored the valet who came running to repark my car. And instead I reignited the engine and drove off. I needed to clear me head before I got down to the business of learning how to fuck.

"Fuck you! Get your fat ass out of my way!" I yelled at the honda civic occupying both lanes ahead of me. Inconsiderate drivers were the bane of my existence especially as I spent a lot of my time on the road. It helped me think. As it did now I didn't look at Claude and made my way around the block and was back facing the confused valet in no time. I swung out of my car. My long legs striding ahead swiftly. I tossed my keys to the bewildered valet and strode right in to the plush foyer of the hotel as if I belonged there. And I did. I was rich enough on my own to afford its five star accommodation without having to dive into the coffers of wealth that my dead family left me.

I went straight for the private elevators not turning to see if Claude followed behind me. He would follow... if he knew what was good for him. I stepped inside its plush interior and waited tapping my foot impatiently for Claude to strut in. He did so at his own pace. Meandering around the foyer looking about in awe as if it was the most astounding sight he'd ever seen. I didn't look at him. Infact I ignored his sardonic mocking ass for the short trip up to my penthouse suite. Using my access card I strode right in not pausing till I reached the bedroom.

There I begun the usual process of unloading. I pulled out weapon after weapon. My blades, my grenades, my handpiece. All tossed onto the kingsized mattress. I left them there not looking at Claudes reaction at just how prepared I had been to take his life at a moments notice. I begun to strip out of my clothes stopping only when I reached my underwear. A sporty pair of black bra and panties. I turned then to face Claude who was watching me with an unnerving intensity and I said without preamble," Strip!"

At that he burst out laughing... again. I gritted my teeth and tried in vain to hold back my grunt of irritation.

I peered out at him beneath my lashes shading the irritation clearly reflected in my green orbs as much as I could and said through gritted teeth," What the f- is so funny?"

"You," he whispered hoarse with laughter. He had certainly laughed a whole lot in the span of the couple of hours since I met him than he had for the two months I'd had him under surveillance.

I waited impatiently for him to sober up and when he did he did so abruptly closing the distance between us with a speed I hadn't expected. It put my on guard so that I had automatically taken up my fight stance even as he closed in on me. He stopped just inches from me and I fought the urge to lash out. To defend... and to attack. I held my hands fisted tightly  infront of me ready to shoot him down with one lethal blow.

"Easy!" He murmured soothingly. Reaching out gently to close his first over my own. I struggled to contain my combative instincts and then he was leaning in his lips reaching past mine to brush against my sensitive hear. I felt shivers instantly racking through me my fists laxed and my hands fell helplessly to my sides. I swayed forward uttering a moaning plea for I knew not what.

But he seemed to know. He wrapped his arms around me and simply held me. Wrapping me up in his warmth. In his seductive arms. His lips brushed my ear once more and I whimpered out in shock. My senses went into overdrive fired out in shock from the swiftly raging emotions. My legs gave away unable to hold me up any more and I felt confused. Confused and weak. So very weak. I had not ever felt this weak.

I have fallen without him. I did fall only he fell with me. We were on our knees with me gasping frantically for a breath like a fish out of water and with him murmuring nonsensical words in my ear. Soothing nothings that equiped with his fingers running through my hair dragging the well of confusion from the roots of my scalp to the tips of my hair again and again till I no longer trembled. Till I was quiet and at peace within his arms.

Then he set me back a little and met my shaken stare with one of his own. "Relax," he whispered shakily. "You need to relax."