Chapter 3

His chuckle of laughter was not a little but a lot unnerving. I held together firmly refusing to be intimidated. By that one act of blatant laughter at my expense he cleanly shifted the ball to his court.

"You're doubting me," I asked hesitatantly. I had never encountered a mark doubting that I intend his demise before. It was a novelty I didn't enjoy experiencing.

"Oh I believe you," he said mockingly." I know of the Arachnows and if you are one of them then surely you are here to kill me." He looked mildly amused as he said that.  

I shook away my discomfiture at his unexpected reaction and persisted in my course of action.

"You have not responded to my offer," I muttered finally reminding him.

"Offer? What offer was that? The offer to take my life? Or was it the offer the be your first fuck?" He queried politely.

I glared up at him. Then muttered unhappily," All of the above." This was not going according to plan. I should have just listened to my advisor Benny and just popped him one when he wasn't looking. Certainly it would have spared me this embarrassingly unsatisfactory conversation.

"Look you are wasting my time and making this unnecessarily difficult. Just forget I've said anything," I said flatly before rising to my feet stuffing my contract that I had obligingly brought along having preempted his grateful acceptance. But I should have known better. There was obviously something wrong with the guy. Afterall here he was slumming it looking for his next cash payout as a stripper of all things when his dad was waiting for him at his home with his billions readily available. The man was nuts. That was all there was to it. The beautiful ones always were. You can't trust a face and form to be that pretty without a drawback of some sort.

I was already half way to the door lost in my own ramblings when his fist closed over my arm. I turned impatiently to quirk a brow at him.

"I accept," he said grinning down at me like the loony I now thought he was.

"Accept what specifically?" I asked seriously.

"All of it. Especially the deflowering part. I look forward to that part," he whispered huskily.