Chapter 4

"So when do we start?"

I gulped down my anxiety over his sudden enthusiasm. I didn't understand how his reluctance could switch off so suddenly. Was it something I said?

"Why?" I asked suddenly wanting to know.

He leaned forward then bring his deep blue eyes down to the level of my own forest greens. "Because you'll kill me if I don't," he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I'll kill you either way," I said seriously. "But this will delay matters," I admitted grudgingly.

His nod was perfunctory. I hated that he laughted at me. But there was not much I could do about that. We must each take our amusements where they fall due.

"So when do we begin?" He asked me boldly. I couldn't tell if he was trying to delay bumping me or he was eager to get the deed done and meet his demise. He didn't look like the suicidal type so he must be anxiously trying to delay the inevitable.

"I have the contracts right here," I said pating my bag bulging with the contracts I just shoved in.

His laugh was this time uproarious. I grunted from just looking at him. Any moment now and he'd be rolling on the floor with unbecoming hilarity. I didn't see the joke but apparently he did.

"Where do I sign?" He managed to get out when he sobered between bouts of hilarity.

"Don't you want to read it first?" I asked making my way towards the little desk I abandoned only moments earlier.

"What would be the point as I will be terminated on termination,wouldn't I?" He asked this soberly then burst out again in laughter before I could answer. I shook my head wondering if was right in the head. I had heard about so many stranger sort of people maybe he was one of those. I really didn't know a thing about him other than he was hot. Too hot.

I quietly handed him a pen then watched him sign on the dotted line with a flourish.

"So when do we start?"

I raised a brow at his apparent eagerness. "You would know the answer to that of you had read the damn contract," I said exasperatedly.

"Well if you don't know and I don't know. What the hell are we doing here?" This time there was no burst of hilarity. I shook my head having given up trying to figure him out. I only knew I wanted him. That crazy or not he now officially belonged to me for ad long as I wanted him.

"Now. The contract is effective immediately," I said simply.

"Great! Lets seal it with a kiss shall we," he whispered seriously.

I nodded my head and unsuspectingly lifted my head to receive his kiss. His mind blowing orgasms inspiring kiss. I was left numbed and befuddled when his soft lips slowly released mine. It took me a moment of dazed stupor before my mind started functioning again. I didn't have a lot of experience to compare with but that kiss was nothing short of out of this world.

Gazing into the bemused twinkle in his bedroom eyes I finally understood what all the laughter had been about. His kisses could enslave me senseless. There was no knowing what having the rest could do. 

I watched the smug satisfaction spread across his brilliant features. It didn't really matter if he got the best of me at all. At the very worst I'd die achieving utter bliss. But he'd only have another assassin out to have his head and the next one wouldn't stop for a fuck first.