Chapter 22

His advancing attack had me back tracking and narrowing my eyes in fierce concentration. He was that swift and vicious in his approach. I flew into a flurry of movements, striving hard to block as much as land in a few blows.

Claude was clearly not holding back anymore. I grinned in a wild elation. It had been a while since I last gave in to a bout of fury and to an opponent that was worthy. Claude was worthy on counts. His family killed mine. He was abominably beautiful and satisfyingly lethal too.

My pearly white enamel glinted in the dimly lit room as I gave in to my baser instinct and let my bound fury lead. Unleashed after a very long period of enforced hibernation, I was licking fire all over him. The sweat slicked down his abs in rivets as he upped a notch to keep my wildness in check.

That he could at all astounded me more on his sheer magnificence, so that I got momentarily bedazzled, long enough to sustain a few vicious jibs that I was sure would hurt like hell on the morrow and acceded this round to Claude.

Calling halt, I eagerly shrugged out of my jeans, relishing in the freedom of movement that afforded me.

We shifted warily circling each other, noting all the points of injury we could exploit later. His grin feral in matching mine. We were both dead serious now in retaliation. His blows were at least thrice the strength of mine. My only means of making it through were my swifter more trained reflexes. A skill my uncle had seen I acquired in my trainings.

I ignored the limp of my battered leg and focused on his favored right ribs. There would be a bruising worthy of my uncle's favor there tomorrow but I would refrain from taking it to the next level. I prefered the man I bedded to be whole and functional.

I widened my smirk till my gleaming teeth matched the shine of his and then I pounced.

Round three ended with his pants off.

Round four took my top.

Round five and we were both naked as the day we were born wearing only the bruises we gave each other as adornment.

Luckily, that round ended on the bed. I lay slumped against him, having just tugged off my sweat soaked panties.

I panted hard out of breath and more than a little weary. My anger had long worn out. I even forgot what triggered it. The deeper anger on the loss of my family could not be absolved with a mild scuffle. It would take a full blown out war to sort that out. Or an eye for an eye.

It certainly came close to that at several points during out mad fight. Claude had pinned me writhing against him in the very last round. It was what lost me this fight. The feral glint to his gaze had taken on an inhumane hue so that the blue of his gaze appeared oddly bright. I knew he hunkered on the brink then. A wrong move and the snap to my neck would be fatal.

Feminine wiles and my near nakedness came to the rescue, arching up in a limber cat-like move, I rubbed my naked torso against the sweat of his. Our oily skin slicked together bringing a sensual glow to an otherwise fatal encounter. His grip tightened the barest instance before his lips crashed down onto mine with an intensity that was as destructive as his grip before. We tussled a different battle then. Limbs tangled and rolling. Before Claude wrenched our lips apart and declared frantically," I have to have you.Now!"

That snapped me out of the wild sexual haze he had tossed me into. I rose up and crawled back in a frantic series of movements.

"No!" I snapped vehemently. I had no intentions of losing him yet. It was too soon. I couldn't kill him now. I couldn't kill him period.

Claude stared at me taking in my horrified expression and then closed his own in a painful grimace. He fell back against the pillows with his arm slung over his eyes.

I crawled back over to him. Tired and exhausted. What a whril wind of emotions. A tornado jumble of wildness. I shook my head despairingly at the full circle I had taken. Claude had been the one playing hard to get in delaying the inevitable and now I was the one doing that.

" Why?" Claude asked what he already knew.

" I don't think I want to kill you anymore," I stated simply.

" Stuff that and fuck me!" He demanded vehemently.

But I only shook my head as I reached down to tug off my panties, effectively conceding my win to him.