Mama Santiago

For story purposes we're going to pretend Raphael's mum is still alive and NEITHER of them are VAMPIRES.

I repeat, HUMAN AU (high school kinda also)

//Requested//

'Honestly baby, I don't understand why you're so nervous' Raphael says as he walks down the high street with Simon, taking his hand in his. 'Because it's your mum Raph, what if she doesn't like me? What if I'm too nerdy?' Simon worries, pushing his glasses back up his nose. Raphael laughed and stopped, to place a kiss on Simon's lips. 'She'll love you. As cheesy as it is but how can she not? Any way, you make me happy, that's all that will matter to her.' Raphael says softly. Simon hums and glances to the floor his glasses falling down ever so slightly. 'I promise you, you'll be fine.' Raphael says lifting Simon's chin up, pushing his glasses back up.

Raphael always loved Simon in his glasses. Even in year 9 when he first started at the school. He loved seeing the small bouncing boy, jumping through the halls, his red headed friend always at his heels and vice versa. Raphael never did like clary. He didn't like how close she would get to Simon, how she would kiss his cheek and hug him. And then rumours started a few years later in year 11, spreading about how Simon liked Raphael and so Raphael decided to take his chance. He approached Simon and instantly Simon was a stuttering blubbering mess. He was so endearing to Raphael, the way he would play with his hands, or how his jumper caused him to have sweater paws because they were always slightly too big for him, how his hair would curl at the ends, how his eyes shimmered with happiness when talking elaborately about Star Wars or something of the other. Raphael was so into Simon and it was quite sickening.

Surprisingly to everyone it wasn't Raphael who had asked Simon out. He was planning on it however, he had decided he wanted to ask him to prom but apparently Simon couldn't wait that long, so when Raphael saw Simon striding over to him with a look of determination on his face he was shocked to say the least. Despite this, the whole air from his lungs was taken out of him as Simon kissed Raphael with as much force was in his walk. It didn't take long for Raphael to pin Simon to the lockers though, creating a good show for everyone. And honestly, the rest was history between the two.

They had been dating for a good few weeks and Raphael's mother had had enough of hearing about Raphael's beloved. She wanted to meet whoever was making Raphael gush the way he did. So she decided to invite Simon to dinner, and Raphael was more than excited. His mother was finally going to meet the man he loved oh so much.

'Please stop fretting mi amore, I promise it will just be us three and if she doesn't like you then that won't stop me from loving you.' Raphael says as they come to a stop outside his house. He silences any words on Simon's lips with his own and kisses him sweetly. They're interrupted however as a door swings open and a petite woman is stood smiling brightly at the pair. 'Idiota, don't stand in the sun, you know how bad it is for you.' Raphael's mother says scolding her son. Her voice was thick with accent and Simon could finally understand where Raphael got it from. He chuckles and pulls away from Simon, turning to face his mum. 'Mama, I'm fair skinned, it hardly harms me.' He answers pulling Simon into the house by his hand as his mother walks into the kitchen. The smell of dinner cooking makes Simon's chest swell with the feeling of home already and he feels welcome instantly by the look of the interior.

'You must be Simon, my dear' mama Santiago says, taking Simon's face in her hands and kissing each cheek. Simon blushes a dark red and Raphael smiles at him fondly. It was a look of pure love and mama Santiago knew it all too well. 'Dinner won't be too long, why don't you go wash up and set the table' the woman says, shooing them away and dealing to whatever was cooking.
<><>
'She likes you.' Raphael says as he places plates on the table, a smile etched on his face. 'You don't know that. She can't like me yet, she's barely met me' Simon says playing with the hem of his t-shirt. Raphael huffs as he sets down the last of the cutlery and walks over to Simon wrapping his arms around his waist holding him tightly. Instantly Simon can feel his worries slipping away, feeling more at ease than before.

'Dinner is ready!' A voice says killing off any silence and mama Santiago comes into the dining room with a dish full to the brim of lasagna. 'Raphael dearest, will you go get the garlic bread please, I've left it on the side' she asks placing the dish into the middle of the table. 'Of course mama' he says kissing her cheek and heading out of the room, filling Simon with more anxiety than he had before.

'You needn't be scared of me Simon. I can see very clearly how happy you make my son and that's all that matters' she says turning to face him smiling. Her smile is warm and inviting, and Simon almost completely feels at ease. 'Do you love my son?' The woman asks leaning on a chair, and without a skipping a beat, Simon instantly answers an 'of course' and mama Santiago can see it in his eyes.

'Welcome to the family' she says smiling opening her arms for a hug. Simon bends down a little so he can hug her fully and she pats his back in a loving way. 'Pan de ajo es aquí' Raphael exclaims a smile on his face, as the two pull away. He places it down and takes a seat, as do the other two.

<><>

'You're an amazing cook Mrs Santiago' Simon says placing his knife and fork together as he finishes the meal. 'Oh please Simon, call me mama Santiago. She says taking a sip of her red wine. Simon chuckles and agrees. 'So, how are your exams going Simon?' She asks going back to her meal.

'They're going really well thank you. Raphael keeps trying to distract me when I'm studying, however I either kick him out or just lock him in my bathroom' Simon admits laughing. 'Ah, that'll be why he ended up coming home early last Saturday night' she says chuckling also. 'You should leave the boy to study Raphael. Wouldn't do you too much harm to put your head into the books' she says raising her eyebrow at her son and Simon can really see the resemblance between the two.

'Oh mama, I do study, Simon just studies more than anyone on this planet ever' Raphael answers winking at Simon, a smirk on his face. 'And you never usually complain when I'm distracting you' he says trying to be subtle, however the deep dark Crimson colour says everything and mama Santiago is quickly smacking Raphael's arm for 'being so rude at the dinner table' making Raphael laugh loudly. The sound is blissful to Simon's ears and for a moment he forgets everything that just happened and smiles like and idiot.

'Now, off you boys go while I clean up.' Mama Santiago says starting to clear te plates. 'Oh no, please, you cooked us this beautiful dinner, Raph and I will clean up' Simon says taking the plates from her smiling sweetly. 'Well I won't object to Raphael doing the dishes, you really are an angel Simon. You're welcome any time and I hope you come over more often.' She says kissing his cheek, taking her red wine into the lounge.

As soon as she's gone Simon is glaring at Raphael, 'I can't believe you just said that' 'oh shush baby, you loved it' Raphael says winking getting out of his chair. 'Who knew you were such a flirt at the dinner table' Simon says smiling. 'I can do more to you on the dinner table than just flirt you know' Raphael says, a knowing look in his eyes as he wraps his arms around Simon's waist. 'Yeah?' Simon whispers placing his lips just by Raphael's, 'well it's a shame you've got dishes to clean' Simon says patting Raphael's chest as he walks out leaving Raphael alone with all the dishes on the table and more as he goes to spend more time with his new favourite woman.

God this is so crappy but oh well

Request anything guys:*