Hurts like hell

I got inspiration from a fan video on YouTube with this song in it.

Major angst and feeling depressed BC character death:(( also slight self harm and before anyone says I'm romanticising it, I have had personal experiences with it and I'm fine with it being used in this context so if you're not then just don't read:)

Happy ending tho guys

It had been days. Weeks. Months. Raphael wasn't ready. He never would be. He couldn't just plan a funeral, for someone who he thought he'd spend eternity with. Just wash away Simon with a few speeches. Raphael found it slightly disrespectful, despite the fact that funerals are supposed to be occasions were we pay our respects.

He doesn't think he should even have a funeral for Simon. Then it would be real. His beloved had really died.

A pain struck through every inch of Raphael, he felt his whole body shake as he screamed out, his tears burning his cheeks, his stomach churned and his heart shattered for the millionth time. The door to his room smashed open and instantly Magnus wrapped his arms around Raphael. He rocked him back and forth as Raphael clung to Magnus, scared he was going to leave him as well.

After a good twenty minutes Raphael finally calmed down and fell into a soft slumber. Magnus picked up Raphael's still full glass of now warm blood and left the room. He had been worried sick for his best friend. He hadn't seen him in this much pain since Raphael's mother passed away. However this was a different pain. Raphael knew death was inevitable, he just didn't think the love of his life would be ripped away from him right in front of his eyes. He didn't realise it would happen so quickly or that it would happen so soon, after only ten years together.

Ten years to someone with immortality coursing through their bodies is simply the length of a month to any mundane. Raphael had never experienced anything like this. And he hated it.

Once Magnus was outside the room he found Alec sat on one of the gold sofas (Simon refused to get new ones, simply because it's where him and Raphael first held hands while watching a movie). 'No better?' Alec asked getting up. Magnus sighed deeply setting down the glass on the counter turning to face Alec, his vision blurry from tears. He sniffled pathetically and choked on a sob, he muttered a weak 'I don't know what to do' before Alec pulled Magnus into his body. Alec's heart broke with every ragged breath Magnus took and he ran his hands through Magnus' soft hair. There was footsteps coming from behind Magnus, interrupting the two.

'Magnus?' A girls voice calls out and he instantly knows it's Lilly. He wipes his tears and looks up to Alec smiling weakly, he then turns to face Lilly and sees also she had been crying. 'I-is he any better?' She asks, swallowing her tears. Magnus shakes his head and looks to the floor. She simply leaves and Magnus wishes he could comfort her.

It wasn't just Raphael who had lost Simon, it was the whole clan, they had all been heartbroken and they had all lost a family member.

When Raphael wakes up a few hours later, his whole body feels weak. He looks over to the window and sees the light peeking through. He gets up weakly and heads over. He places his finger into the light, it burning his skin instantly, however the pain reminds him he's still living. He's still walking the earth, and honestly it's the most alive he's felt in months. Raphael goes to place his forearm into the sun before he smells the scent of caramel. His eyes widen and he spins his body and sees a figure of Simon stood behind him, a disappointing look on his face.

'Oh Raph' Simon whispers opening his arms and Raphael has honestly never moved as quickly as he did just then, collapsing into Simon's arms, sobbing in the most heartbreaking way. Raphael pulls away to take in the sight of Simon. He's no longer pale, he's got a gorgeous glow to his skin, his eyes look full of life, his chest is rising and falling evenly and anyone would think that Simon is alive and well. But he's not. And Raphael knows this but he's taking what he can.

'How are you here?' Raphael asks. 'I got given the chance to see someone one last time and I decided on you. Sorry I'm a few months late' Simon says chuckling and Raphael feels butterflies fill in his stomach just like they used to.'i can't do this without you simon' Raphael whispers, pulling Simon over to the bed, instantly wrapping himself around the man. 'You can Raph, you did it without me before, you can again. I promise you everything will be okay' Simon says rubbing Raphael's back, placing kisses to his lips. 'I love you so much, mi amore' Raphael mumbles, burying his head into Simon's chest, pulling him closer. 'I love you too, forever and always my prince.'

'You need to look after yourself Raphael, please I am begging you to look after yourself. It's not just you you're hurting right now, Lilly and Magnus are heart broken to see you like this. As am I. I want you happy Raph' Simon says, worry lacing his every word. It was true what they say, people do look down on you from heaven, and Simon had been doing just that, watching Raphael bring himself into such a state. 'I don't want to live in this world without you' Raphael admits lamely. Tears filling his eyes once again as he imagines eternity without his love.

'You have to, for me. I can't have you die Raph, it's not fair on Magnus or the clan. They need you' 'I need you' 'you have me Raphael. You will always have me, you just won't be able to see me. I will be by your side, every step of the way. Never leaving your side.' Simon says as he pulls away from Raphael, sealing his deal with a sweet tender kiss to the lips.

'Now please sleep my prince, I love you. With all my heart and you will never understand just how much.' Simon says as he places one final kiss to Raphael's lips as he mumbles back an 'I love you too' and Raphael falls into a peaceful sleep, Simon's arms wrapped around him in a protective manner.

After that Raphael finally started to get his life back on track, slowly but surely. Nobody knew what had caused Raphael to sort himself out but that wasn't their business.

And true to Simon's word he was with Raphael every step of the way for a good thirty years, the smell of caramel appearing once every day until the day Raphael passed away in a fight with a demon.

The first thing Raphael felt was calm. He felt happy as he kissed his beloved on the lips for the first time in over thirty years and both men finally felt their hearts beat in sync. They could finally spend eternity together and it doesn't really matter if the two of them cried, what mattered was that they were together again.

//send me requests//

Tbh I hated the ending but oh well