Chapter 2

"You sure you'll be alright baby?" I asked bending down and kissing Marina's head.

"Yeah I'll be fine mama." She smiled as she held onto her stuffed monkey and I looked up at Keana and Ariana who were taking care of her for tonight.

"You already know how she is so no peanuts, no Adult Swim, and no spoiling her."

"What? No Adult Swim? Oh my god you're one of the lame mom's." Keana spoke causing Ariana to hit her shoulder and Marina to giggle.

"She's still the best mommy." Marina smiled up at me and I picked her up for one more kiss.

"I love you so much honeybun." I mumbled as I pecked my daughters lips quickly.

"I love you too mama-"

"Marinaaaaa." I heard a little voice from inside yell and I smiled once Marina started squirming.

"Coming Vanessaaaa!" Marina smiled before putting her little hands on her hips, "She can never wait for me." She rolled her eyes which reminded me so much of her mother.

"Well I'll be here tomorrow to come get you alright-"

"Just go mommy I'll be okay, I love you." She said hugging my waist once more and I ran my hands through her hair.

"Fine, go play." I said and she walked backwards into the house so she could still look me in the eyes.

"God I hate Dinah." I mumbled as I watched my daughter go into a different room.

"Alright goodbye now you over dramatic mother." Keana said and went to close the door but Ariana huffed rolling her eyes.

"We'll take care of her I promise." She smiled and I chuckled.

"I know guys, thanks though." I smiled and they softly closed the door while I started to walk away.

It was Friday night and I was going out with Dinah and Normani as we planned. I honestly didn't want to go at all but if it shut Dinah up then I would. When I walked back into my apartment I quickly slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, a white crop top, and some heels. I looked down and sighed it has been a long time since I've worn a crop top. I smiled to myself and clipped some strands of my hair back and grabbed my purse. As I walked out of my apartment I heard Dinah as she yelled for me to stop. I groaned and looked back as she started to check me out with her fiancé.

"Ooh girly Karla Swerve is coming out." She teased and I chuckled shaking my head.

"This is like a whole new look, instead of those damn sweaters that make you look like a grandma." Normani slightly insulted and I rolled my eyes as she lightly smacked my butt.

"Let's go get a drink." Normani said as she took my purse, "You're not paying for anything tonight."

"Uhm babe that was not part of the plan-"

"She never comes out just think of it as an eclipse it only happens once in awhile." She said and I giggled,

"Did you know it takes about twenty-"

"I'm not gonna listen to your math shit, let's go teacher." Normani said and walked away as Dinah screeched.

"That's going to be my wife." She happily said before running after Normani and I smiled at them.

They were perfect for each other.

___

"We're not going to a club?" I asked surprised at their destination and they laughed.

"No, we're getting married and you have a child. Clubs are a no no." Normani said as we walked down the street of New York.

There were people everywhere and I know I've lived here for almost five years but it still surprised me how many people were here. It'd be interesting if I were a wall in this city, how much scenes and memories I'd have of random people. Hell of a way to people watch- especially on a Friday night.