Chapter 6

Monday; the most dreadful day of the entire week, I hated this very day for years. I got up at exactly five in the morning with a nice ole' grumpy attitude. I did my daily routine before making my way to the kitchen in my white long sleeved button-up shirt, pencil skirt, and heels to make some breakfast for Marina and I.

Fifteen minutes later everything was set and I walked to Marina's room and gently walked towards her sleeping figure. I leaned down kissing her face softly to wake her up and soon enough she squirmed and opened her tired green eyes.

"Come on baby you can go back to sleep at Vanessa's." I whispered and she stretched slightly as she breathed in deeply.

"You look pretty mama." She mumbled as she tried blinking away her tiredness and I gently touched my well put up bun.

"Thank you baby." I smiled and she sat up with a slight groan, "Come on."

I picked her up and her already set out clothes and backpack just to carry her out of the apartment with some breakfast I made. I carried her sleepy state to Keana's and Ariana's apartment. I knocked a couple times and Keana opened the door with a slight glare as she yawned itching her stomach.

"You already know where Vanessa's room is." Keana said as she waved at Marina causing my daughter to sleepily wave back.

I walked her to Vanessa's pink room and I laid Marina right beside her best friend. Marina kissed my cheek before cuddling sleepily into her friends back. I smiled kissing her head and walking out to meet Keana,

"Make sur-"

"Get out." She yawned taking Marina's breakfast and pushing me out her door as I pouted.

"Don't be so rough!" I snipped and she closed the door in my face.

I sighed heavily before grabbing my purse from my apartment and locking it up before making my way to work. Keana and I weren't the best of friends since the day I broke up with Lauren but she then out right hated the shit out of me once she found out about Marina.

As time went by she became a bit cordial towards me knowing she couldn't be a full on raging bitch when Marina was watching. Once Keana did find out about Marina she immediately grabbed the phone to call Lauren but Ariana stopped her. Ariana somehow managed to completely stop Keana's intentions and I had no idea if it was a good idea or not.

Maybe ten minutes later I was out my car and into the school building rushing to my classroom. I had maybe fifteen minutes left until students would be filling the halls and the classrooms. I sat down at my desk before getting out the next assignments for our state testing coming up next month.

It was basically a preparation assignment that every state were giving out and it made me chuckle knowing I was giving out the same tests that made me wanna die when I was their age. I nervously but happily set out today's assignments and set up some problems on the dry erase board. Once I heard the bell ring I opened up my class door and started to hear a roar of footsteps and loud talking.

I've always wondered why the hell everyone was so loud when they were talking right beside each other. As the students filled in their seats maybe five minutes later I shut the door and passed out their graded papers before calling roll. When I had a bit of free time after doing my usual routine which was calling for more homework, calling up students to complete the problems, and passing out more assignments I sat down at my desk.

As I was grading some more papers I felt my phone buzz against the desk causing some students to look up. I mouthed an apology and looked at it and immediately smiled, Lauren.

Lauren🙊: Good morning Camila, wyd?

Camz💘: it's Monday I'm at work dork