14

He took me to an Italian restaurant which was my favorite one in town and after seeing where we were I couldn't help but squeal like a child.

We were met by a receptionist who I must tell you looked like a total slut in her dress which landed just below her ass and had a deep v neck.

But what surprised me the most was that she didn't drool over Kashif as other girls do, but instead greeted both of us politely and led us to our table.

After giving our orders, I asked him, " ummm what work do you do other than the mafia thing."

He let out a drool worthy chuckle, "I run a chain of hotels in here, China, Italy, and Russia, you know to cover up this mafia thing."

"Ohhh so all your money is not haraam."

"No definitely not. I do not run mafia for money, all the money which I have comes from halaal means."

"Ohhh."

"Hmmm."

"By the way you never told me about your family. Where is your father and sister. I want to meet them as well."

He stiffened at this question, and plastered a cold look then replied, "They're no more."

"Ohh." Was all I could reply. I'm such a fool. I should've understood it.

After this, silence fell over us and we had our dinner in peace. Soon the silence was getting suffocating and a question from evening was still nagging me in the back of my mind, so when I couldn't keep it back anymore. I made the stupidest mistake and asked him, "what were you talking to your mother in the evening in kitchen? I'm sorry, but I couldn't control my curiosity and eavesdropped."

His jaw tightened and he clenched and unclenched his fists from anger and I gulped from fear. Ughhh I'm just so stupid. Wrong timing Anabia, wrong timing.

He stood up from his seat, held my wrist tightly and dragged me to the car. The ride home was silent and I could see he was too much angry by the way his knuckles had turned white as he held the steering wheel in a tight grip.

After we reached home he just got out and went inside slamming his door shut. I got out and made my way upstairs to our room where he was standing by the window his fists clenched tightly.

"I-I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked you that. I just got curious." I told him, stuttering.

There was silence for a few minutes when he suddenly spoke, "you know why I joined the mafia?"

I shook my head, but then realized he was still facing the other side, so spoke timidly, "no."

"Well then let me tell you, my father and my sister were murdered and I joined the mafia to seek revenge, and as for your other question I can't tell you about that now, I need sometime, so I'll tell you when I'll be ready." I didn't replied anything, just went towards him and hugged him from back.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that. I'm such an idiot." I whispered.

That night I got to know that behind the cold, ruthless mafia is a broken man who is just seeking revenge for his father and sister and I felt guilty for judging him earlier. I should have known that no one is bad when he/she is born, time and incidents make people who they are. Today I got to know that every one has his own story so never judge anyone by their outer cover, see their inner beauty. They're not what they show.

Kashif also has his own story, which he haven't told anyone and I know that its not only his revenge which made him this person. There is something else, something big, which I'm determined to find out. I want to help him be a better person. I want to discover his past and I promise to him that whatever happens I'll not leave his side ever. I'll help him overcome every obstacle he faces.

A/N:-

Hey guys!!
How are ya??
How's the chap??
Sooo a little sneak peak of Kashif's past. So what do you think is his past other than this revenge thing??
I know the story is slow and boring, but finally its going somewhere.
Also, plzzzzzzzzz tell me if u like this story or not through your comments pleaseee ^_^
Okay so I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.
Do vote and comment :)
Love ya guys <3
Thanks :)