19.

"Music is something you feel and think, not something that's just there. I want everyone in the class to attempt on their own song. You are doing it either with your band or the person you were paired up with at the start of the year. I want to have the songs in exactly two weeks." Lowell's teacher assistant commands. The bell rings and people start to walk to the cafeteria.

The assistant stops me and Kim. "Lowell has hopefully told you this but you are working together. But I wonder if we have made it hard for you?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" Kim asks.

"Is it too much to do? Any difficulties?"

"I don't think so. Just a bit different. I think if I chose another school the lessons would be so much more basic. Less actual music, so in my opinion this is great and I think I work best with Kim." I answer.

"Yes, I agree. Music is more like an ability than a subject for me. I mean, it's hard to like study to like straight A's. It's not possible to study for it, expect for notes and chords, but you have to have like a passion in you." Kim says right after me.

"It's great that you think that way. That's how I should hear from every student. Ok, I'm going to let you have your lunch. I will tell the principle that you are having fun." She smiles before she follows us out of the room.

Ashton stands outside the door. "Oh, hello!" He smiles.

I turn to Kim who is grinning. Her eyes flicker from me to Ashton in a not so subtle way.

"I'm going to leave you two alone." She says before she jumps up the stairs.

"I have to apologise on behalf of her. As you've probably noticed none of us is used to guys." I laugh embarrassed.

"Pfft, nothing to care about. The guys would have reacted just the same. That's why I'm standing here alone." I nod and then the hall turn silent.
"Eh, we're still on for tonight yeah?" He asks to break the silence.

"Of course." I smile.

"Great. Are you going to the cafeteria?"

"Yes, I thought so."

He smiles and then reaches his hand out. Am I supposed to hold it? Ok, it suddenly got very hot in here. Does this mean we're officially dating? I've only known him for 2 weeks. Well, well. I will just have to take it. I grab his hand and we make our way to lunch.

We sit down on the table were the rest of the guys and Kim is already sitting. I look over to her. She has an huge grin plastered on her face. I look  at her trying to ask et why she acts like that and the grin just grows. Everyone on the table looks odd at her but her smile does not fade.

"Is there a problem?" Luke asks her.

She points to me and laughs. "I knew it"

"What?" I ask.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" Michael asks her.

"Pfft.. Yes. Of course I have." She looks nervously around the room. Kim has been in one, but he died when they were together. Se blames herself for his death, well because he died right after they had.. You know... 'Did the dirty'. She hasn't dared to date anyone else yet.

"You seriously haven't been in a relationship before?" Michael asks shocked. Ugh. I feel sorry for her. You know what, she shouldn't have to answer this.

"He died." I say before Kim says anything.

"What?"

"He died in a car crash or two years ago. His name was Ben Griffin. Search for it and don't ask me about it." She says a bit sad, she gets away from our table.