Flirted With You All My Life

Word count: 673

Edited: X

     It isn't as if it was love at first sight, no, I don't believe in that. I don't believe in many things anymore. The first time I saw you, I truly didn't know what to think. You seemed troubled, though I imagine most of us would be in a war. I put in my best effort to get as close as I could. I suppose it paid off in the long run, but oh how I wish it didn't. You presented me with a challenge, a beautifully difficult one at that, so how could I have possibly ignored you? Like a magnet, I was drawn to your never ending darkness, just as you were drawn to my light. That is right, we were drawn to each other. I assumed you were my other half, the one who would complete the olive theory. But how could you possibly love somebody who has caused you so much suffering?
~

     Nico Di Angelo, you put me in a trance. I ignored the wars raging just outside my mind, well, I tried to at least. You had me in your web for a while, until my mother was stricken down by sickness. Ironic isn't it? The past lover of the god of medicine died to some stupid illness, and I couldn't do anything. When I was attending her funeral, I finally realized what I am to you. Bait. I'm just here to lure in your prey to your filthy paws. My mother had cancer, she battled it vigorously until she no longer had the strength. She gave into you, my prince of darkness.
~

     For the first time, when I returned to camp that night, I flirted with you openly. I told you things I never would have dreamed of, and I probably wouldn't have if I wasn't high on my own misery. I called out to you, wished you would come and claim me as your own, but I assume you wanted me to suffer because you never came. You never answered. You, who is so loquacious, slipping between the teeth of every miserable being. I begged and pleaded, yet you never showed mercy.
~

     In our next meet, I subtly demanded that you visit more often. When I said that...I meant me. Not my patients. I didn't need you to rip them away from me too. They were all I had. They were the one thing I could look forward to, curing the sad broken shells of people. If only you would rip me away instead...
~

     I've been getting closer to you lately, touching and flirting. I've called out to you, held your hand, and I've even had the pleasure to receive your frigid kiss. It was something unimaginable. I could feel your coldness seeping into my very bones, weighing them down. How I wish to experience it again, my dark prince...I have a feeling I will soon.
~

     Winter is slowly approaching, and I find myself excited for its return. It's cold days only remind me of what I almost have, and the only thing I could ever want.
~

     Today it finally happened. You claimed me. You noticed my tears, my shaking voice, my trembling body. At last, you noticed me. You claimed me. I assume you took pleasure in it, relishing in the feeling of my soul dissipating into nothingness. Well, not entirely nothing I suppose, some part of me has to go down to the fields, for I am no hero...merely a shell of one. I know you understand that better than anyone, my prince.

I no longer flirt with you.

I've gone past that.

The moment I was ready you lead me away.

Thank you.

A/N

I apologize for this confusing crap, I just really wanted to get something done today before my game. So this is what I came up with. I know it's short, confusing, and not really happy, but it's something, yeah? If you haven't picked up on it, Nico is death.

~Lil~