stop

Warning: please don't read this if you're considering self harm it's a terrible thing don't do it
He hadn't thought about it in days, and now that the idea had been presented there was no going back. He stomach twisted and churned like the endless sea.
His old friend devouring his strength with every breath the boy took. There was no escaping his fate.
He stared at the box across the room, and suddenly wished he could procrastinate on demand.
With very little effort, he huddled his small frame into the corner, wanting to disappear. But he knew even the effects of his shadow travel would not ease the calling.
Things were beginning to hurt now.
His body ached for relief, yet his mind was the commander. He wouldn't let it cave. He had to be strong.
But if no one was around, would they know about his time of weakness? Would they know about the struggle? Would they even care?
No.
He stood up, the air around him buzzing with anticipation.
"With a few steps," he thought, "I can be free."
One
Two
Three
Four
He reached down and ripped apart the box, retrieving his prize. A small silver knife, nothing special. He had every other blade removed a long time ago, besides the sword, but that would be too time consuming for something that demanded his attention immediately.
He stared at his hands.
Was this what he wanted? Is this what his friends wanted?
When had his friends ever done anything with him in mind? What did they care?
And so he went.
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
And so on.