Chapter 23

"I-Ian's d-dead?" I say, how- what- is - fuck.

I feel hot tears roll down my cheek.

"Yes." Selena whispers.

"Anthony is not okay either. No one is really. Ian just left." Selena says as she sits on the hallway floor, putting her hands on her face.

I burst into tears.

"H-how?" I ask and slide down the wall.

How can Ian just go? I thought things were turning out better, I guess I was stupid enough to believe in lies.

"Well, the doctor told him everything was okay, and he was free to go. Then about five minutes later the doctor called me and told me that they think Ian might have took some pills from the cabinets.

But I was thinking, 'we barley left! Why didn't the fucking doctor tell us he was free to go!' We could have bought him home, but no. Then when Ian got to his room, (two hundred and three) he took most of the pills. The hospital called me again and told me he took to many and eventually died."

How do you feel at a moment like this? I feel like a part of me died.

Ian left and I just can't.

"One of the nurses found lots of notes, but one of them was for you, here." She says passing me the note.

Oh shit, it was the one he was writing at the hospital and covered up.

Ugh how can I be so stupid?!

~• opens note ~•

Hey Katelyn, so as you can see I left earth. I left because what do you do when the one who broke your heart, is the only one who can fix it? You'll probably forget me soon... It's all to common.I just wanted to leave the pain behind. My thoughts have destroyed me, knowing the one I truly loved left me for another. I don't want you to think 'Ian was awful' I want you to think of the good times we had together. The way we laughed at stupid jokes, how we shared our first kiss by the lake, how we dressed up as stupid things for Halloween, how we made love the first time and got scared you were 'almost pregnant'! Remember if you ever get pregnant, can you name them what me and you always wanted? (Zeke & Zoe) haha. Good times.

I wanted to leave my parents, the hate, abuse, and you. Now I can be your little angel watching over you. Protecting you. I love you Katelyn Martinez, more than anyone could possibility can. Tell Selena and Anthony I will be watching over them also! I love all you guys and will forever and ever. I hope to see you soon. Maybe me and you can meet again and talk about everything. I'll miss you and make sure to take care of you. Maybe being buried you'll care more. It's funny how in a matter of seconds you can be just a memory.

Good bye Katelyn,

Love Ian

The note had the ring attached to it, it was on a necklace. I took it off the paper and shoved it in my pocket.

I folded the note in half, as tears rush down my face.

"Good Bye Ian." I whisper to the paper and hug it.

Dan walks out into the hallway and crouches down to me and Selena.

Selena whispers "Ian passed away." Into his ear.

He pulls us both into a hug and all I hear are the tears me and Selena are sharing.

"Come on, get up and let's go to your house." Dan tells Selena and she nods.

We all get up and walk to there room, when we open the door we see Anthony crying as well, on the couch.

"Why d-did you want us to c-come here?" I ask Dan as we all sit on the couch.

"Look, I might not have known Ian for as long as all of you. But for Ian try to be happy, would he want to see you sad?" Dan ask Anthony.

"N-no. No he wouldn't. But he was my best fr-"

"And he still is. Tomorrow we'll all plan a simple funeral for Ian then you can say your last good-byes. Alright?" Dan tells us all.

We all whisper a small 'yes' to him.

"Okay, Ian's in a better place now. So I'll be heading home- Wait do you want to stay here?" Dan ask me, I shake my head 'no'.

"Alright, see you all tomorrow! Night night." Dan says and they nod then head of to there room.

We exit their house and lock the door. Dan and I walk back to the house and go to Dan's room.

"Dan I feel awful, I feel like this is my fault."

"It's no-ones fault. Just try to sleep and we all will try to help Ian out. Okay?" Dan says as he gets into the bed. I change very fast, into my pjs. (since I had my bag)

I put the note on the table next to the bed.

"Okay. Good night Dan." I say as we cuddle up.

"Night babe. Things will get better." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Okay. Good night Ian." I whisper, then feel someone tap my shoulder.