Prologue

Everything around me was in audible. My eyes were closed as I felt incredibly weak to gather the strength to lift them up. I couldn't remember where I was or what had just happened and so I was confused. That didn't help due to the fact I had a pounding headache.
I groaned as I lifted my hand to place it onto my headscarf which was slowly making its way off my sore head. It was wet.

I breathed in the musky air which was thick until I began to cough extremely hard. A load of dust and smoke made it's way into my lungs. My heart began to hammer against my sore ribcage and I mustered up the strength to open my eyes.

Everything was a mess.

My eyes adjusted to the bright daylight outside and I realised I was suffocating in a tiny space. It didn't help make things better due to my claustrophobia, however that was not the main problem during that traumatic event.

I spun my head around and looked outside the smashed front window to realise that the car had crashed into a tree and landed on it's side after swivelling away from a stray animal in order to avoid the hill side.

Realisation then hit me.

I turned to my right to see my badly bruised Father, his top half of his body falling out the side of the battered car which had shattered windows.
I gasped as I tried to reach over to him and shake his leg however that only caused more pain to seize through my aching body.

"D...Dad" I croaked out after a few more coughs. The air was black as steam seeped it's way out of the car.

My eyes widened. My heart was racing and my body began to shake.

This was no time for a panic attack.

"Dad!" I cried, finally reaching over to his side and shaking him. He didn't move.

At that moment in time, I was extremely confused. I didn't know what to do as my body froze. I was never good in tough situations like that.

"Bismillah," I whispered as I slowly but quickly leant over to get to the back seats.

Adrenaline began pumping through me as I escaped my shocked trance that overtook my senses. I had to do something.

I couldn't get out of my side of the car due to the fact that it was lying against the ground. The air was getting heavier within seconds and I pushed forward towards the back door. I cried out in pain as my body ached. I hit the door with my hand yet it didn't budge.

"Hurry up!" I grit my teeth and hit it harder. It swung open with a creak and I staggered out of the car. My feet hit the ground and I stumbled a little in order to keep standing upright. I lay my hands on my knees and exhaled. In an instant I was tired and felt as if I couldn't go on but after pushing my pain to the back of my whirling mind, I hurled towards Dad, glass breaking underneath my shoes as I did so.

"Dad," I croaked out as I wrapped my arms around his torso and heaved him out of what remained as our family car.
Pain surged through my back and I grit my teeth, holding back my agonising screams. I tried my best to be careful with Dad's body, however his legs hit the ground with a thud.

My heart constricted as I breathed heavily. The whole scene was spinning in my head and I felt extremely weak but I was determined to save both my Father and I.

I gasped for air whilst I lay him on the cold hard ground only a few metres away from the car which was surrounded by black smoke. I didn't have the energy to pull him further down the long narrow road to reach safety.

"Dad," I said and I shook him. His whole face was painted with scars and blood whilst his clothes were seeping through with it.

I looked around for help yet there wasn't any human to provide us with any. The road was surrounded by trees with one side leading into a forest whilst the other side had the edge of a hill which lead down to more trees.