Chapter 13

Nafisah struggles to keep her legs up with the pace that I'm running at but I have no time to waste. My hand clutches onto her own little one as we race down the Hospital corridors, trying to find the right unit.

This place is huge.

My mind is boggling with random scenarios that could have happened with Kamil that made him end up in hospital. Rimsha hadn't mentioned what was going on even though I tried to call her back, she just wouldn't let me know for some reason. This only increased me in worry.

"What's happening?!" Nafisah cries from behind me and I pull harder on her arm, trying to hurry up. I feel her hand loosening on my own and I tighten my grip on it just so that she keeps up with me.

"I don't know, Nafisah!" I reply to her and quickly glance back to catch a glimpse of her worried face. "It's okay, I'm sure!"

I'm not sure.

I spin my head back around to squint at the sign that's placed above the next exit in order to be able to grasp what it actually says. I huff in frustration when I figure out that we haven't reached our destination.

Our feet clash against the marbled floors of the quiet Hospital however all I can hear is the thumping of my heart against my chest. I know that I may not be close to Kamil but I know the guy and so his health definitely concerns me. I know I portray to be a person who can't stand his guts but hey, I'm not that bad of a woman to not care about his well being.

After a load more jogging, a load more corridors - which all look the same-  and a load more worried whines from Nafisah, we have finally reached the room which Kamil is in. I stop in the doorway and eye all of the other patients that have been placed in the large room with him, some have their curtains drawn in order to seclude themselves from the other patients.

"Alvina," I hear a voice call my name and I spin my head to the side to face Kamil. A gasp leaves my lips once I have a good look at him. "Over here."

Nafisah tugs me forward and I follow after her, my eyes refusing to look away from Kamil. We reach his bed where he is sat upright against the head frame and we stand besides it awkwardly. Scanning his face, you definitely wouldn't be able to miss the growing bruise under his right eye, his almost broken nose and busted lips.

"You got here quick," Rimsha comments from the other side of the bed where she is sat on a chair.

I flicker my gaze towards her and mumble in response, not clearly grasping the fact that Kamil is lying in a hospital bed for God knows what. As I turn my head back to look at him, I catch him looking at me in a funny way, an unreadable expression which I've never really seen before on his face.

"You going to ask me how I'm feeling now?" He laughs after a while but then immediately stops to clasp onto his chest whilst his face contorts.

My eyes widen in shock as Rimsha quickly stands up to hold his shoulders and place him back against the head frame after he's done coughing. I feel Nafisah tug at my hand and I glance down at her, totally forgetting the fact that my little sister is standing besides me.

"What's wrong with him?" She asks in a quiet voice as her eyes begin to water.

"It-"

"I'm okay," Kamil cuts me off from speaking and I spin my head to look at him. He smiles down at Nafisah before grabbing her free hand and pulling her closer towards him. She stumbles forward hesitantly as if she's scared of the mere sight of her own brother.

Thoughts run through my mind as I stare at his beaten face, his eyes are on the verge of swelling and his lips are busted...what even happened to him. As if reading my mind, Nafisah asks a question.