Chapter 15

I walk out of the bathroom with my robe clinging onto my body and my hair dripping wet. Sliding my fingers into my dark hair, I give it a shake and watch as droplets of water sprinkle around me. I lift the towel I'm holding and dry the ends of my hair as best as I can before grabbing my dirty laundry, making my way downstairs and into the kitchen where I toss them into the washing machine, loving the feel of walking around with wet hair.

Don't you just love it when no-ones home and the whole house is to yourself?! You can sing, dance and poop your pants because you're free! But in my case, I'd rather walk around half naked (meaning a vest, leggings and a robe!) and let my hair loose to enjoy my own company while it lasts.

Rimsha had dragged Kamil out to...wherever and Nafisah is staying over at her friends house seeing as Rimsha mentioned that they might be home late for some reason. Like I can't take care of my own little sister.

Humming to myself happily, I skip over to the freezer to pull out a tub of bubblegum ice cream and grab a big spoon before closing the door with my hip. I then proceed to hop towards the front room with a spin, loving the feel of my wet hair swirling with me.

Once I'm seated at the corner of the leather sofa with my legs up and the ice cream tub on my lap, I switch on the T.V to watch four Middle Aged jokers daring one another to do stupid things before digging into the cool, blue goodness.

After a while, I rub at my tired eyes with a sigh before realising what time it is. It's nearing midnight and I should be asleep by now due to the fact that
I have an early start at College tomorrow. I flick off the T.V and stand up, grabbing the nearly empty tub of - melted - ice cream and the blue smeared spoon.

As I stuff the tub at the back of the freezer and begin to wash my spoon I wonder where Rimsha and Kamil have wandered off to. Surely they can't have gone anywhere far and no shopping definitely needs to be done even though I'm the one in charge of that. I bite my lip in thought as I rinse the spoon under the flowing tap until I feel a sudden touch on my waist.

I immediately shriek at the top of my lungs and spin around as fast as lightning. My hand sends the spoon crashing behind me as soon as I do, sending water along with it too. It hits something before crashing against the floor with a clang.

I find my lips immediately reciting Ayatul Kursi, my voice shaking slightly. Was it a Jinn?!

My eyes are wide in alarm as adrenaline rushes through my veins and my fists are tightened.

A person stumbles backwards with a grunt so I take this time to swing a punch at his face which he is holding anyway. I breathe heavily as I quickly jerk away from him and grab the knife out of the cutlery drawer before pointing it directly at the perpetrator.

Until I realise who it is.

"Kamil?" I gasp incredulously and lower the knife before placing it onto the kitchen unit. He looks up as he holds his cheek, a grumpy look sitting on his face. "When did you get in?!"

He purses his dry lips as he goes over towards the sink to gather water from the running tap - which I had no time to turn off - in cupped hands. He then brings it to his face and he does this a couple of times before turning the tap off and facing me. Water droplets fall from his chin and I instantly feel uncomfortable with the way he looks at me.

"I never left." He answers my question in a low, slurred voice as he walks over towards me. I immediately take steps backwards, trying to further the gap between us.

My heart begins to beat faster and my nerves begin to rise, however I need to keep calm and portray confidence. "Doesn't look like it seeing as you've got your coat on." My breathing begins to harden once I hit the wall without knowing and he now towers over me with a look of sudden anger.