Chapter 4

I'm late for College again which isn't great. My punctuality is terrible, not to mention my attendance. I'm so bad, how do I expect to get into a good University at the rate I'm going at.

"Nafisah!" I yell as I run to the kitchen to grab my jacket which I left on one of the chairs yesterday night. "Hurry up! We're going to be late!"

After pulling it on, I chug down some milk from the bottle. I slam it back into the fridge, frustrated with Nafisah.

"Nafisah!" I scream at the bottom of the stairs, wondering where she could be. She's normally downstairs but after checking both the kitchen and the living room, I presume she's still in her room.

I check the time on my phone and groan when it reads '8:35 am'. Having to drop my little sister off to school and then having to get to College in time is a major struggle.

"NAFISAH?!" I yell her name, anger now growing inside of me. "Get down here!" When there is no reply, I decide to stomp up the stairs and fling her bedroom door open, only to see it empty. Her bed is unmade and her curtains are still shut causing the room to be dim.

Where could she be?!

"Nafisah?!" I say, as worry takes over me. "Nafisah, where are you? This is not the time for-"

"She's gone, you idiot."

I grit my teeth and spin around to glare at Kamil. He leans on the doorframe, arms crossed against his chest. His greasy hair is in a mess - he must have just woken up.

"Why?!" I growl, unable to stop the anger from overpowering me.

"Your mother took her seen as you are not to be trusted." He smirks as he licks his thumb, picking up his smelly morning breath and runs it over his growing mono-brow.

"Someone could have let me know." I spit and push past his skeleton body. Honestly, I don't want to be anywhere near him.

I walk into the bedroom besides Nafisah's which is mine and grab my bag pack off the floor. After Stuffing in my Math homework which I quickly finished off after Fajr, I lift it onto my back and strap it onto my shoulders. I whizz around to walk back outside only to crash into someone.

My heart beat begins to speed up. This should not be happening...not again.

"Get out." I say as Kamil towers over me. He breathes on top of me and his morning breath causes me to gag. I don't even hide the fact that it reeks.

"Rude." He pouts his chapped lips at me before letting out a long sigh. His breath hits my face once again and I hold my breath, not wanting to breathe in the horrible smell.

I widen my eyes as he begins scanning my bedroom. His eyes wandering all over it, trying to find something - something to mess around with. Something to mess with my head.

"Get the hell out of my room." I spit and stand taller as I try to block his view. There are things which lay in a girls room that are seriously not meant to be seen by her prevented freak of a step brother- actually scratch that - perverted freak of a guy who lives in her home.

Kamil smirks and raises an eyebrow, his eyes finally landing back onto my face. "Why, little sis? Something I shouldn't see?"

I grit my teeth. "My room is out of limits. You barged into my home without my permission. Have some respect and leave my room alone."

My heart is thumping against my chest and I can feel my palms beginning to sweat within my clenched fists. I feel sick to my stomach and now I'm on the verge of tears.