Chapter 2

I wish I could go back in time when things were alright. How I wish I could press rewind and relive my not so great childhood. Maybe I could make some alterations and save a few lives. If only I could step back in time to the age where I didn't understand anything in life and everything seemed fine. I long to go back and race through the playground as I charge into Mum's sloppy kisses and to be embraced into Dad's warm arms.

At least when Mum and Dad were fine.

I exhale and watch the air escape from between my chapped lips as white puffy smoke. My arms tighten around my torso as the wind blows harder. I purse my lips together, struggling against the force of the wind which is hitting me from my right. The trees sway from side to side and the leaves brush against each other. Light rain is falling around me, landing in dirty puddles causing ripples to form.

One thing about where I live...Britain's weather is great. Note the sarcasm.

The School bell rings and children begin to flood outside wearing their big warm coats which make them look like cute little marshmallows. They swing their book bags around as they reach their parents who are also standing around the School gates with me. I turn my head and watch as a young girl is engulfed into her Father's hug before he picks her up onto his broad shoulders. She giggles when he holds her hands above his head and shakes them about. I smile at her as he walks past and she places her chin onto his bald head before moving it in a circular motion. Her Father winces and she stops after placing a kiss onto it instead. I laugh at her before turning back to everyone else.

Leaning my body onto the wall besides me, I begin to chew on my nails. They're not long, neither are they short but they somehow always make it into my mouth. It's a dirty habit and I really should stop but it's so damn hard. Yummy nails. Always a great snack for when you're hungry!
Only joking.

Laughter and giggles surround me and a warm, fuzzy feeling emerges inside of me. It's always great to be surrounded by happiness, right?

"ALVINA!" My eyes shoot up as I hear a familiar squeaky giggle. I watch as she races towards me with her little legs, causing her bobble on her beanie to jump up and down with every gallop she takes. Her book bag swings through the air, almost near to slipping out of her loose grip. "Alvina!" She repeats my name with a huge smile which shows off her missing teeth at the front of her mouth.

I grin immediately as she collides into my torso. I wrap an arm around her shoulder and place the other hand onto her tiny head which is pressed into my stomach.

"Nafisah!" I laugh and she lifts her head up to look at me whilst keeping her little arms wrapped around me. Her brown eyes twinkle around her dark eyelashes...how I wish I had dark lashes. "Salamu-"

"AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM!" She screams before I can finish off my greeting. She always wants to be the first one to greet me since I taught her how to actually pronounce Salaam. Her eyes show off excitement and she is full of energy after such a long day at School.

If only I could be this happy during College and after College.

I pout as I pretend to be gutted that I didn't get to greet her first. "Wa Alaykum Salaam!" I return her greeting and peck her forhead.

Nafisah immediately giggles and hugs me tighter as she places her head back onto my stomach.

"Do you want to let go now or are we going to have to walk to work like this?" I ask in a whisper as I realise many people have left and the playground is quiet once again.

She lets out a loud gasp and lets go of me before dropping her book bag onto the ground in shock.
My sister can be a little dramatic. "WORK?!" She screams in excitement and jumps around as she claps her hands which are covered in mittens. It sounds funny.