Chapter 7

Have you ever had one of those days where you're just exhausted within the space of a few hours? Where all you want to do is go home and snuggle up in bed with a steaming cup of coffee paired with a good book? Well, that's how I feel ninety nine percent of the time.

I hold the pen in my hand, scribbling down what our group's ideas are for a little presentation we are supposed to present to the class in a few days. Voices are screaming at me and I struggle to keep up with their suggestions, leading me to throw the pen from between my fingers and slump back into the chair. All eyes stare at me; some confused and others agitated.

"Don't give me that look, Ahmed." I roll my eyes at his frustrated expression. His brown eyes stare at mine for a few seconds, not knowing what to reply with. "Why don't you write then?!"

He scowls and blows air from between his lips. "Fine." He grumbles and picks up the pen reluctantly.

Why do guys hate writing? I will never know.

"Ha ha!" Yaqoob shrieks at his friend and points his index finger at him, clearly amused what's happening. He's always been one to laugh at everything and anything; it's what he lives for.   His laugh is highly contagious and he's one to make you get told off whilst in class; it's happened way too many times before, however it doesn't make him apologise - it makes him laugh harder.

"Shut up," Ahmed pouts his lips and flickers his gaze to look at me accusingly. He mock glares at me and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Your fault."

I shrug my shoulders. "You were going way too quick for me to catch up," I say. "Not to mention the fact that you were all screaming at my face!"

He sniggers before quickly clearing his throat, knowing that it would tick me off further. Yaqoob laughs at me with a clap of his hands before pointing his index finger towards my face this time. I instantly harden my gaze at him, unimpressed with his behaviour even though I'm used to it.

"She's going to break that finger off if you don't stop, Yaqoob." Jack voices from besides me as if reading my mind. I hold back a smile as Yaqoob looks down at his finger innocently before drawing it back into the palm of his hand.

"Anymore ideas?" Becca laughs at what is happening as she flips her blonde hair behind her shoulder. Her eyes travel across our faces, searching for a response. "Guessing no?"

I shake my head and sit up in my seat, leaning my elbows against the table. "Nah, don't think so-"

"I'd have more if you write!" Ahmed grins at me from across the circular table and I groan, holding my head in my hands.

This guy just doesn't give up.

"Let's just chill," Jack suggests, obviously understanding the fact that I can't bothered anymore. I really just want to snuggle up in my duvet covers with a hot cup of coffee and a good book- oh wait, I've mention that already.

I peek at Jack from between my fingers and he laughs at me, shrugging his shoulders. I let out an exaggerated sigh and fall back onto my chair with Ahmed and Yaqoob following my actions. I raise an eyebrow at them both which they then copy. I furrow my eyebrows and they do the same, however Yaqoob pouts his lips in the process as if to look like me.

"What is going on?" Becca snorts at us before grabbing her phone out of her bag as it starts to ring. She nods her head at us as she excuses herself from the study area before walking outside and into the empty corridor.

"You guys so wierd her out," Jack comments with a smirk as he looks behind him at Becca. "You wierd everyone out, actually."

"Normal people scare us." Ahmed and Yaqoob bellow out in unison, making me jump. They both stare ahead with their hand raised, their fingers parted in two.