Hungover

"Ugh.. What the hell?" I groaned softly, rubbing my sore neck as I sat up from my position. Guess I fell asleep on the couch.. and spilled the last bit of my beer onto the floor. Nice. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I stood, plugging the phone back into the wall with a grunt as I made my way to the small kitchen area. It was almost noon. Awesome.

I sluggishly trudged back into the sofa as I sipped my glass of water and tried to soothe my throbbing headache. I couldn't have been that hammered.. I had decided to check my messages, which was a huge mistake.

"12 messages? Shit.." I yawned and pressed the button, listening to the recordings.

"(Y/N)!!" I heard Jyushi's voice. It sounded kind of different. "Ichimatsu nii-san wanted me to call you and make sure you made it home okay!!" There was a inaudible whisper. "Oh, nii-san, you're so funny! Anyways, call back soon!!" I laughed lightly. Jyushi was so adorable.

"(Y/N)? Are you home yet?" It was Todomatsu this time. "I want to talk to you since Ichimatsu nii-san won't speak up!" I laughed again. Ah.. "Anyways, call us when you get the chance!"

"(Y/N)? Hellooo?" It was Jyushi again. "Are you okay? We're getting worried! The phone line dropped as soon as I called! Please talk to us!" He had a slight panic to his voice. Oh no, here comes the worrying..

"(Y/N)?" It was Choromatsu this time. "I noticed the phone line dropped, is everything okay? Uh, well, if you get this.. Ichimatsu is freaking out, but he won't talk to any of us. He keeps trying to leave though.. Call us back." There was a sigh as he hung up. I felt my heart sink as the messages continued.

"(Y/N), do not forget that I expect you back early tomorrow morning to check in." My heart pounded faster when I heard my boss's voice. I didn't want to hear that. I skipped the message.

"Fuck, (Y/N), where are you?! The phone line keeps dropping!" Osomatsu was yelling, clearly panicking. "I'm coming over-"

"No, don't go over there until tomorrow! There might be a power outage or s-something," Choromatsu said, obviously trying his best to sound calm.

"Whatever. Call me back." Fuck..

"Hey (Y/N), the boss wanted me to ask you what route you were working tomorrow." This was from a coworker. I just let out a growl and skipped the message.

"(Y/N), please.. please.. pick up.." It was Karamatsu this time. "My brothers and I, we.. we are all worried about you.. Ichimatsu has been in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes and won't come out.. Osomatsu passed out from hyperventilating and the rest of us are still clueless.. Please.." I ran my fingers through my hair. Last night was a mistake.

"(Y/N), I can't wait to see you bac-" Coworker.

"(Y/N)-chan, I heard you were c-" Coworker...

"(Y-Y/N)-ch.. chan?.." Ichimatsu. His voice was a shaky whisper and the background was more quiet than usual. His breathing was heavy and choked, almost like he had been crying. "The.. The phone li-ine dropped again.. I g-guess you h-h.. haven't been able to get your.. phone working.." He chuckled. "Unless you.. u-unplugged it.. to avoid us.. to av-void.. me.." It was silent for a second. My heart was pounding against my rib cage as I waited for him to finish. "If you are... still there, I.. I wanted to say..." He stopped again, holding his breath. I waited impatiently, my body quivering at his words. He's never sounded so distressed or emotional. Fuck.. "I'll.. talk to you later." And then there was silence. I continued on to the final message.

"Fuck, (Y/N), Ichimatsu.. he left and we don't know where he went. There's a note here and he says not to worry and he's okay.. Please.. come over, if you're still there.." I covered my mouth, feeling the tears pricking my eyes as I slowly leaned against the wall and slid down.

A few minutes passed and the phone started to ring, making me flinch. I picked it up. "H.. Hello?"

"(Y/N), where the hell are you?! You're seven hours late!" My boss was shrieking into my ear. "We had to have someone come in early and cover your route so you'll have to take their route when it starts! Are you an idiot? Come on! I expected more from you." This was just what I needed.

"I'm sorry, I'll.. I'll be there in a bit," I sighed softly, stifling my tears.

"You better." And the phone line dropped. I rubbed my eyes and set the phone on the receiver, shuffling tiredly to my room to get ready. I'm sure Ichimatsu was fine...

I headed out the door once I finished freshening up, deciding to take my time since I was already late. Whatever. Why try. I locked my door and headed out, the sextuplets on my mind. Maybe I could drop by-

"(Y/N)-chan!!" I heard a very loud voice followed by a yellow blur coming towards me and hug tackling me to the ground.

"Jyushimatsu- (Y/N), holy shit, are you ok?!" Osomatsu called, running over to us with the rest of the brothers (except Ichi) following behind.

"What are you guys doing at my building?! Jyushi, let me go! I-I'm in a rush!" Jyushi unwrapped his arms from around me, Karamatsu stepping forward to help me up. "Thanks. Sorry, my boss.. I slept in. I'll explain later. I have to g-"

"You aren't going to help us find Ichimatsu nii-san?" Todomatsu whimpered, cowering behind Choro.

"No, I.. I'll look later, I have work. I'm sorry," I shook my head and took off, leaving the brothers in the hall.

I had ran the whole way there, bursting through the door in a panting mess. "About time you showed up." My boss narrowed her eyes at me and crossed her arms, gesturing to my *ahem* "supplies".

"I-I'm sorry, I.. I didn't feel good last night and-"

"You're shift starts in five minutes. You know what to do."

"..Yes, ma'am." I bowed and picked up the heavy pouch, hearing the soft clanking of jars within. This was a risky job but.. it paid the bills. I checked in, slung the bag over my shoulder, and slowly trudged back out onto the streets.

As I walked, I thought about the previous night's events. I really did have a great time with Ichimatsu.. but something made me think that he didn't enjoy it? That he didn't actually care and just felt bad? It doesn't really matter but.. it just felt really weird to be out again.. I shook my head in attempt to forget about my mistakes, picking up my pace.

I had entered my home and closed the door, carefully setting down the bag and taking a peek at its contents. Being a seller was pretty risky, but I did meet some cool customers. Some of them even remembered my name.. Ah, I wouldn't be seeing them today though. That's alright, though. I heard the phone ring and sealed the case up again, quickly moving to answer with my usual business intro. The caller had a deep, familiar voice..

"I thought I recognized this number. Didn't know you were a dealer, (Y/N)," Ichimatsu sounded shocked, but his voice soon became dull again. "What happened to the usual?"