Chapter 3: FLANNEL

I followed behind Kenosha as we made our way into the bakery where she worked. It was packed with teenagers and young adults. You could tell they were hipsters, they probably spend most of their time on Tumblr or something.

"Hey Kenny!" A skinny white boy said to Kenosha.

His long black hair was pulled up in a ponytail. His beard was wild and his tattoos covered every unhidden part of his body excluding his face. Typical hipster.

He wrapped his arms around Kenosha and gave her a tight yet gentle hug.

"Hey, Adam. This is my brother, Mutt. Mutt this is my friend, Adam." Kenosha said with a smile.

The Adam guy looked at me with a questionable look before reaching out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and then quickly stuffed my hands back into my hoodie pocket.

"You never told me that you had an adopted brother." Adam said to Kenosha.

Kenosha looked at me, forcing a smile before looking back at Adam.

"Guess I forgot. Anyway, what time is it?" She asked.

Adam looked at his wrist watch and said, "3:40. You've got twenty minutes before your shift starts."

"Thanks."

As Kenosha and her buddy kept talking, I headed over to a small circle table. I climbed on the stool and looked around the bakery. This seems like something Kenosha would come to for her free time.

A bell rang, indicating that someone was coming in the store. I looked up to see a familiar face walk in the store.

It was the man from the bar, only he didn't seem so...empty. He had a smile on his face as he waved at the happy customers. He wore his signature black suit and nice dress shoes.

When he walked pass me, I got a hint of his cologne and the man smelled good. Which was a major turn on for me.

I watched as he stopped right in front of Kenosha and Adam. All three of them had the biggest smiles I've ever seen. Kenosha then looked my way and motioned for me to come over.

I stood up and walked over to the trio. Kenosha put her arm on my shoulder and said, "This is Mutt. He's my brother."

The man looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes. He held out his big hand for me to shake.

"I'm Taylor." He said, his voice deep and smooth.

I shook his hand and said, "Well, you already know my name."

"You look so familiar." Taylor said, squinting his eyes.

I smiled. Yeah, this was the guy from the bar.

"You've probably just seen him around. Mutt gets around." Kenosha stated.

Taylor looked at Kenosha and then back at me, "Have I seen you before?"

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "What Kenosha said."

I wonder if Kenosha or her friend or anyone in this store knew that Taylor spent his Friday nights at the bar a couple of blocks away from here. They most likely didn't. I did, though. His secret was safe with me.

Taylor turned his attention back to Kenosha and his wide smile returned.

"You're brother moved in across the street from me." Kenosha stated.

"Really? Tell your family to stay clear of him, you know how Bonnie is." Taylor said.

I didn't think Bonnie was bad. I liked him, in my opinion, he's really cool. He wasn't afraid to do or say what was on his mind.