Chapter 19: HIT THIS HARD

"Alright Mutt, be ready in two hours we're going out." Penelope said before disappearing into the gigantic penthouse.

"We got the other room." Taylor stated, leading me to a room.

I placed my bags down. Honestly, I was tired. I just wanted to go back to sleep, that ten hour drive left me tired. I plopped down on the king sized bed.

"You realize Penelope is going to raise hell if you're not ready by the time she's ready?" Taylor asked me.

"Let her." I said putting my head into the pillow.

"No, then I'll have to hear her yell. Come on get up." Taylor grabbed the side of my stomach, causing me to laugh uncontrollably. I was ticklish. I squirmed away from him and stood up.

I looked in the oversized mirror beside the walk in closet. I had on the clothes Penelope brought me but my hair was unkempt. I guess she wanted me to do it.

"Do your hair." Taylor said, running his hair through my hair. I laughed at his fingers getting stuck a few times.

"Yeah, you gotta do this Mutt." Taylor said.

I sighed. I opened my suitcase in search of a comb. I grabbed it and started to comb my hair. As I fixed my hair I began to get curious about where Penelope was going to take us.

"Taylor, Penelope is your wife, where's she taking us?" I asked, grabbing the loose hairs from my comb and throwing them away.

"I don't know, she can surprise me still sometimes." Taylor answered.

He stood next to me and admired himself in the mirror. Taylor would never admit it but he was just as obsessed with himself as Penelope was about herself.

An hour had passed and just like Penelope said, we were out and about. Penelope had the driver rent a car, a nice black BMW.

The sun was going down and it was getting dark. The sidewalks were crowded with people rushing. The roads were crowded with vehicles. The streets where I lived was never as busy as this.

I looked at Penelope. She was busy with her face in her phone. Taylor was looking out the window like I was. I placed my hand on his knee, gaining his attention. He looked at me before shockingly placed his hand over mine.  He gave me a warm smile and then returned his attention to the world. Penelope raised her glance from her phone and looked at Taylor's hand over mine. She smiled before looking back at her phone.

The car stopped outside of this building. By the looks of it, it was a club. I noticed the bouncer and the line of people. What really caught my attention was how ugly the place looked. I wouldn't expect Penelope to ever come somewhere like this.

"This is where Taylor and I met." Penelope stated, "I was 20 and he was 18."

I looked at her, I saw the way she looked at the club, like it was an important part of her. I turned to Taylor, he looked at the club the same way.

"Am I missing something?" I asked no one in particular.

"This is where we found ourselves Max."

We got out of the car. We walked right up to the bouncer, ignoring the line of people. Penelope slipped him a hundred and he let us in.