Chapter 5: MAKAVELI

I had sex with Bonnie. I remembered it. I wondered if he remembered it. Most likely not, he was pretty fucking high. Kenosha would be pissed off if she found out. I mean, Bonnie was her bosses brother. But maybe she was scared that I'd look at him how I look at Oscar and Jermaine. Bonnie was different though. I've never met someone like him in the town ever. It confused me. It made me think. It made me run back to the bar.

As usual, Taylor was sitting on the other side drinking. He hadn't noticed me yet. And on cue, I started to think about him. What made him come here and drink so much? He seemed like a good dude the day I punched him in the face.

"Aye, bartender. Mezcal Lajita tequila. But to the guy with his head down." I said, placing the money on the table.

"Oh hey, kid. Haven't seen you in a while." The lady said.

"Yeah well, I've been busy." I lied.

"Are you ever going to talk to him. I see you stare at him all the time." She said as she poured the liquor in a glass cup.

"I have." I stated.

"Then why don't you go up to him. I would if I were you." She smirked and made her way over to Taylor.

I watched her give him the liquor. He looked at her with his blood shot eyes. She pointed over to me, causing Taylor to look my way. I smiled at him. He looked at the bartender and said something to her. She smirked once again and walked over to me.

"Go get him tiger." She winked at me before leaving to tend to someone else.

I looked at Taylor who was drinking the liquor. I hopped off the bar stool and walked towards him. I sat down beside him.

We sat there, not saying a word until Taylor decided to say something.

"Aren't you a l-little young to be in a bar?"

"Yeah but when you fuck just about every guy in town, you can do just about anything." It was a joke but Taylor didn't find it funny.

I watched him finish off his drink.

"Why do you drink so much? You seem like a pretty decent guy. You gotta wife?" I asked.

"That'ss not really any-uh of your businesss, Mutt." He uttered.

"I suppose. So, look. I wanna apologize about what happened at the bakery. It was uncalled for." I stated.

"Yeah whatever, I-I don't care." He let his head fall on the table.

"...you got someone coming to pick you up?"

"I walk home."

I nodded. I looked at the time on the clock above the case where they kept the alcohol. It read 1:25. This was probably the latest I stayed at the bar. Kenosha was probably calling me, not knowing that I left my phone home.

"Well, be careful I guess." I said, hopping down from the bar stool.

As I made my way through the crowd of dancing bodies, I felt someone grab me. I spun around, snatching away quickly.

"Woah, it's just me."

Bonnie.

I didn't know whether to smile or something because what came to mind was, "does he remember what happened last night?"

"Thought you were somebody trying to dance or something. What're you doing here?" I asked.

"Came here to get Taylor, you see him?"

"Yeah, he's at the bar." I said in a confused tone.

"Thanks...you should uh, you should come by tonight." He said, disappearing into the crowd.

I smiled to myself and walked outside. I walked over to my car and opened the door, ready to get in.

"Mutt!"

I turned around. Jogging across the street was none other than Jermaine. Any other time, I'd get excited but this wasn't any other time.

"Yeah? What's up?" I said.

"I wanted to talk about what happened the other day. You know, when those two fools saw us behind the grocery store." He started.

I cross my arms and lean up against my car.

"What about it?"

"I found a solution, so they won't out me. I followed one of em here."

I raised my eyebrow, curious to what he was saying.

"What're you gonna do? Nothing stupid right?"

"I'm gonna kill them. Well at least get someone to kill them."

I swear my heart stopped for a second. Jermaine was so delusion.

"There's no need for that okay. They're not gonna say anything." I assured him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"How would you know?"

"I know one of them. The one that's in there right now, his name is Bonnie and he's a good guy." I stated.

"He your friend?" He asked.

"A good friend."

Jermaine stared at me like he was trying to figure something out. Then his eyes fell to the ground before he looked back up at me.

"I'm sorry that I gotta kill your little friend but I can't risk it." He took a step back and eventually walked away.

I couldn't let that happen. I knew Jermaine would do it too. He's killed before.

I ran back towards the building but stopped when Bonnie walked out, holding Taylor up.

"I need to talk to you." I said, worry heavy in my voice.

"I'm a little busy at the moment. I gotta take Taylor home so we'll talk later."

"Bonnie this is important."

"... Alright. Come with me then."

I followed Bonnie to his car. He put Taylor in the backseat and got in the driver's seat. I got in the passenger's. As he drove away, I looked in the side mirror. There was a black SUV right behind us. Jermaine's car. Fuck.

"So what's so important?" Bonnie asked.

I sighed, "You know the guy who you saw me with behind where you work?"

"This again? I said I didn't care, man. Seriously."

"No, it's the guy. He's on the DL and since you've seen him, he wants to y'know." I said, hoping he'd catch on.

"Fuck?"

"Bon-no. He wants to hurt you...bad." I stated.

Bonnie glanced at me. He didn't say anything for a while before looking up in the rear view.

"So is that him that's been following us all this time?" He asked.

"Yeah."

•••
This chapter is shit but I wanted to write something for you guys. Bear with me, the story will get better.
Wordcount:1080