Chapter 10:FOR AMANDA PARKER

It's been a few weeks since the incident and I've yet to see Marcus. Not even at school. Everyone in the house was worried but I wasn't, fuck Marcus. He's a bitch that does what ever he wants. If he comes back, he comes back. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

It's been pretty hectic living in that house, so I've decided to stay with Bonnie. I haven't tried anything with him...yet. I didn't want to just throw myself on him  like I do with the other guys. Bonnie's different and he shouldn't be treated like any other play thing. He's sensitive.

It's been cool living with Bonnie. He's always cooking and cleaning but there's this one thing that bugs the fuck out of me. Bonnie was a junkie. He did drugs like crazy. Once I even thought he was going to overdose.

I didn't like seeing Bonnie high off his ass all the time but he said it made him feel better and I want him happy.

Bonnie was depressed, whether he wanted to admit it or not. He had manic depression. I know this because moms husband had manic depression and it's like I'm reliving it all over again. He's taking drugs to feel like he's normal. It honestly hurts me to see Bonnie destroying himself and not be able to do anything about it.

I was up before him this morning. I haven't been sleeping lately and Bonnie gives me sleeping pills whenever he can. They work...a little. I still wake up really early though.

I was making breakfast. I felt like the least I can do is make Bonnie some breakfast since he's been doing all the cooking lately. I wasn't the best but I knew what seasoning was so my food wasn't tasteless.

After I was done, I made Bonnie and I a plate and put it down on the dining room table. I smiled, internally patting myself on the back. I made grits, eggs, and sausage. Hopefully Bonnie will approve.

I made my way into Bonnies room to see if he was awake. I opened the door. Bonnie was awake, staring up at the ceiling.

"You alright?" I asked, making sure he wasn't dead.

Bonnie tilted his head, looking at me. He forced a weak smile before softly saying "yeah".

I knew he wasn't okay but I didn't really know how to comfort him. How was I supposed to make him feel better? Sometimes I wish I knew how to do normal things.

"I made breakfast. It's not like bad or anything, I seasoned it." I stated, rubbing my left arm nervously.

Bonnie let out a chuckle, "alright. I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay."

I walked back into the kitchen. I sat at the dining room table, putting my head in my hands. If I knew this boy was this damaged I would have stayed away but now that I got to know him, I couldn't leave. I was falling for Bonnie...even though he probably looked at me as a friend. I can't leave Bonnie hanging now, now that I see he needs someone.

---

I was back at the bar at night. Bonnie had to work a night shift and I didn't want to be alone so why not go to my favorite spot. As usual, Taylor was sitting in his regular spot, only he wasn't intoxicated. It looked like he just got there. I walked over to him and sat down.

He grunted, "Why are you right here?"

"Come on, Taylor, let bigons be bigons." I smiled, looking over at him.

Taylor rolled his eyes, "I think I asked you this before but why do they let you in here? You have to be eighteen."

"I thought I already told you this, I get around."

I watched Taylor ask the bartender for a drink, only it wasn't the one I was used to. Where was the funny white lady? She was usually here around this time. I hope they didn't switch her schedule.

"Excuse me, where's the old white lady with the weird voice?" I asked the new bartender.

"Debbie? Oh, Debbie died a week ago." The bartender said as if she didn't just say someone was dead. She smiled and walked away.

Are you fucking kidding me? At first I don't know how to take it. I didn't even know the woman but she made me laugh whenever it's been a hard day. I feel this lump in my throat.

That's when it happens. A tear slips.

I haven't cried in years.

"Mutt..." Taylor started.

I didn't let him finish his sentence. I stormed out of the bar. I felt so bad y'know, I felt like I lost a family member.

I made my way to the side of the bar, into an alley, before I just let it all out.

Why was I reacting this way? I wasn't supposed to be crying. Was Debbie the reason I was crying? Was Bonnie the reason I was crying? Was my fucked up life the reason I was crying? Was it all of the above?

I bent over, hands on my knees, crying. I guess I really do have a heart.

"Mutt."

It was Taylor. I stood up correctly and turned away from him. I didn't want him to see me crying, didn't want anyone to see me crying, that's why I'm in an alley way. Did Taylor not understand that I wanted to be alone? I would've stayed in there if I wanted someone talking to me.

"Mutt, come here."

I felt Taylor wrap his arms around me. He placed his chin on my head.  He was comforting me.

I honestly wanted to push his ass off me but I just didn't have it in me. Plus I needed this. I needed to be held, I haven't been held this type of way in a long time. I was just so confused at the moment.

"I'll take you home if you want." He offered.

The way he was talking to me was so different. He was speaking to me in this gentle tone and with real emotions.

However, I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to deal with all that madness but I also didn't want to go to Bonnies house. I wanted to be alone but maybe I didn't need to be alone. I act like I'm this heartless guy but truth is, I care just as much as the next person.

---

Taylor ended up taking me to his enormous home. As soon as we walked in, we were met by this woman wearing a slim black dress. She had a cigar in her hand and her designer handbag in the other.

"This another escort, Tay. Jesus, if you really like dick that much I'll buy a strap on." She said, blowing smoke in Taylors face.

"Not now, Penelope." Taylor said, walking past her.

"Don't fuck him in our bed!" I heard her yell as Taylor opened the door for me to walk in.

I walked into this room that was... humongous. The bed was humongous. Everything was nice and white and clean. It looked like something Beyonce would want as a room.

"Excuse Penelope." Taylor said, taking off his jacket and hanging it up on a gold coat rack.

A golden coat rack. Who the hell has a gold coat rack in their room? No way owning the café was bringing in this much money.

I stood by the door, watching Taylor take off his shoes. I studied him, thinking about what that Penelope woman said.

If you really like dick that much I'll just buy a strap on.

Don't fuck him in our bed.

Was Taylor on the down low? Normally, I would pry but tonight wasn't the night. I just wanted to chill, I'll have to bring that up another time.

•••
WORDCOUNT: 1319