Chapter 6: FIRE MEET GASOLINE

Bonnie pressed on the gas pedal a little more. Thank God there were no cars out because Bonnie was speeding. Jermaine sped up too, matching our speed. Bonnie ended up turning off the main road.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked. Even I knew it was a dumb idea to get off the main road.

"I know a short cut." He stated.

We were driving through the woods, the road was a dirt path. Skinny tree branches scratched the side of the car as we sped through the path.

Jermaine was right behind us.

We ended up back on the main road, Bonnie made a sharp turn and drove down a little road. I thought we lost Jermaine but he somehow found us. Bonnie made another turn, this time we found ourselves on the highway. There were cars that Bonnie was swerving pass. And just like that, we had lost Jermaine.

We ended up parking in front of this mansion type house. It was actually really beautiful.

"Thanks for letting me know about your crazy boyfriend." Bonnie said.

"He's not my boyfriend." I muttered.

Bonnie got out of the car and grabbed Taylor out the backseat. He carried him all the way up to the doorway. Then he pressed the doorbell and jogged back to the car.

It was obviously Taylor's house. I admired it before Bonnie drove off.

•••

I ended up back home. I headed upstairs to the bathroom. Just as I was going to open the door, Marcus walked out of the bathroom, his towel loosely hanging around his waist.

"Don't fucking look at me, Mutt." He said the don't part so low that at first I thought he said 'fucking look at me Mutt'. I wish he would've said that because I could stare all day.

"You know you shouldn't be so mean. We could get along if all you know." I stated.

"I don't want to get along with you." I heard Marcus say, walking into his room and closing his door.

Marcus was so mysterious to me. He was so angry and he hated people but he also had this big heart secretly. I could see it. When I was in high school, he'd seduce the girls with the terrible boyfriend's until they broke up with their boyfriends but then he'd break up with them. I know why, it's because he cared. When he saw people getting bullied, he'd help. Low-key, Marcus had a big heart, he just didn't want people to know.

I smirked to myself and headed into the bathroom. After doing my business and washing my hands, I headed downstairs. Someone was knocking on the door. I opened it.

It was Marcus's friend, Washington. He wasn't like Marcus's other friends though, he was the runt of the group. I always thought he was a little feminine too. But I guess the other guy's ignored his feminine side because he was on the basketball team with them.

Washington was cute too. His eyes were this green color, his skin was like a bright coffee color, and his lips were plump and pink.

"Hey, Max." He said just above a whisper.

"Washington. Marcus is in his room." I stepped aside and let him in.

"Thanks." His voice was so soft. How the hell did anyone else not notice that this kid was gay?

He walked upstairs, heading to Marcus's room. I turned on the TV and decided on catching up on Scream. I heard the finale was fucking good.

The front door opened and in walked Adrian and Xavier. I rolled my eyes as they made these weird loud noises. They were so immature.

"Mutt! My nigga!" Xavier said, stumbling over to me.

Great. They was drunk.

"Don't touch me." I told him.

"Shut up! We don't take orders from faggots." Adrian slurred, plopping down on the couch next to me."What is this? S'fucking show sucks!"

"Give us the remote, we wanna watch something else." Xavier said, snatching the remote out of my hands.

"Give it back. You got a TV in your room." I stated, standing up to meet eyes with Xavier.

"Yeah but this one's bigger." Xavier said.

"Give it here, man." I reached for it but was pulled down on the couch by Adrian."Off me." I pushed Adrian away and stood up, reaching for the remote once again.

Adrian grabbed me, throwing me to the couch as Xavier laughed, encouraging Adrian's behavior. Adrian straddled me, trying to fully pin me down.

"Get off me!" I yelled.

"Shut up, fucking faggot." Adrian delivered a blow to my head.

Now, Adrian was heavy handed and he lifted weights. I believe he could knock me out if he wanted. His punch did however effect me. I got lightheaded all of a sudden and I my vision kinda went out for a second.

"You disgust me, dude." He stated, delivering another blow to my rips.

I was in pain and I felt weak.

Adrian grabbed my face, looking me in the eyes. I hate him. I swear to God I hate him.

"Abomi-fucking-nation." He said.

"Marcus." I heard Xavier whisper.

"What?" Adrian replied.

"Marcus is coming man, get up!"

It was too late though, Adrian was lifted off of me by none other than Marcus. Marcus pushed Adrian up against the wall, aggressively.

"How many times I gotta tell you to leave that dude alone. Keep your hands to your fucking self, man!" Marcus's voice boomed.

I wanted to laugh at him but I couldn't because before I knew it, I was closing my eyes.

•••

I woke up, really early. Earlier than I would have usually. It was around seven in the morning, meaning Kenosha, Marcus, Adrian and Xavier were just getting ready for school. I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Just as I got to the door, I saw Adrian. His eye was black. He flipped me off and walked downstairs.

It reminded me of what happened last night. Adrian was beating me up and Marcus came to the rescue. Marcus must've gave Adrian that black eye. I smiled to myself and walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror, noticing a knot on the side of my forehead.

Last night wasn't the first time that Marcus saved me from Adrian and Xavier. He saved me before but it was from arguments, not from actual fights. He used to let them beat me up all the time. Maybe I'm growing on him. Maybe he's actually starting to like me...nah. He's probably just getting use to me.

•••

I've actually had this part ready for a couple of weeks. I don't know why I didn't update. Wordcount:1127