Chapter 7

I made my way through the school halls with my mom. I couldn't believe I was here. I never wanted to come back here but lately my mom has been tripping. She said that I needed to go back to school because since I was white it would be easier to succeed in life.

I wasn't trying to hear all that. I wanted to be home.

I followed her into the office. She went up to the desk only to return with a stack of papers. Great.

"I know you don't want to sign all that, let's just go home, I'll probably get expelled anyways." I whispered to her.

She didn't reply. She just started signing the papers.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

Two hours or so passed before she was finally finished. She went back up to the desk and turned in the paper. The lady behind the desk passed her a piece of paper which she handed to me.

It was my schedule.

"She said you're in third period. Have a nice day at school." And just like that, she left.

"Fuck school." I murmured softly as I walked out of the office.

Third period...third period was English. Upstairs.

I slowly made my way upstairs. I scowled as I walked into the room where I suppose to be. There was this fat middle aged man teaching with a projector. The class was small. There had to be no more than 15 people.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"I'm supposed to be here. I'm just starting." I said, handing him my schedule.

He read it and told me to pick any seat. I took the closest seat to me. The teacher went back to teaching and I put my head down, ready to just leave.

•••

"Hey, Max." I heard a familiar voice say.

I lifted my head up to see Washington standing in front of me.

"What?" I said.

"The bell rang." He said.

I looked around the room noticing we were the only ones in class besides the teacher. I stood up.

"Thanks, man."

I grabbed my schedule off the desk and looked for the next class.

"Hey, do you know where PE is?" I asked him.

"Yeah, that's where I'm going. Can I..."

I handed him my schedule.

"We have all but three classes together. First, third, fourth, and seventh." He handed me the paper.

I followed him out of class only to be met by Marcus and one of his friends from the basketball team. When he saw me, he gave me this confused yet angry look.

"Why are with him?" He asked Washington.

"We have third and fourth together and he doesn't know where the gym is." Washington answered.

"He can find it on his own." Marcus said.

I rolled my eyes, "Why do you have to be an asshole all the time. Let the guy show me where the gym is."

"No. I don't need you trying to suck his dick too. Find it on your own." Marcus growled.

I squinted my eyes at Marcus and crossed my arms. I couldn't believe he just said that. At first I was at a loss for words but then I became angry.