Finale: BREAKEVEN

A month or so has passed. Bonnie was out of the hospital and Kenosha has finally raised enough money to fund a funeral for mom. Taylor had offered to pay for it all but Kenosha is very independent and didn't want help from him.

I haven't talked to Bonnie since. I've been wanting to, I missed my best friend. Taylor wouldn't let me reach out to him, I didn't give a fuck though. Bonnie's my homie. I was sneaking out to see him at the moment actually.

Taylor had went out with Penelope. Penelope had went to dinner with friends and took Taylor. She's using him to paint a picture perfect relationship, little do her friends know that when he gets home he's going to get his dick sucked by a white twink.

I zipped up my jacket and grabbed my car keys off the night stand. I was supposed to be meeting Bonnie at the park. Why we couldn't just go to his house, I don't know.

I drove to the park. Bonnie was already there, sitting on the park bench. His head shot up when he noticed my head lights.

I got of the car and jogged up to him. I was so happy to see him, it's been a whole month. He stood up and I ran into his arms.

"I missed you, Bonnie." I told him.

A huge smile was on my face. His smile however wasn't nowhere as near big as mine. He half smiled, he looked terrible.

"Are you okay? You need anything?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually I do." He replied.

"What is it? Anything." My hands were placed just below his ears, I was looking him in his eyes letting him know I was serious and that I was here for him.

"I need you, Mutt." His eyes started to tear up.

He looked pitiful. There were bags under his eyes. He looked absolutely terrible.

"I'm here Bonnie." We sat down.

"Yeah you're here but I need you to stay. Don't go back to Taylor." A tear rolled down his cheek.

Looking at Bonnie, there was no doubt in my mind that I was in love with this boy. He was there when nobody was, him and his drugs. But I couldn't stay with him, I was with Taylor now.

"I can't-"

"Mutt please. Taylor doesn't deserve you okay? Now I know I'm not perfect but I'll start trying to be perfect for you. I'll go to rehab and get help for you. I love you so much. Please don't go back to him." His bottom lip started to quiver and more tears.

Fuck. I was about to cry, I could feel it. Seeing Bonnie like this killed me. Seeing him like this actually made me consider saying okay and going back to his house. But I couldn't do that to Taylor, I found my home with him and Penelope.

"Bonnie, I can't." I whispered.

"Why? Why not? Is it because he has money? Is that why?" Bonnie started to raise his voice.

"It's not about the money-"

"Then what is it about Mutt? You can not sit here and tell me that you are not in love with me. Can you? Can you look me in the eyes and tell me that you are not in love with me?"

I was in love with him but I was also in love with Taylor. With Bonnie it's just drugs and sex, with Taylor it was different. With Taylor it was butterflies and long walks on the beach.

The more I sat here with Bonnie the more I started to regret coming to meet him. I didn't want to break his heart, I didn't want to hurt him but I did.

"Bonnie... I'm sorry." I stood up, slowly making my way to my car. Bonnie called for me as I grabbed my door handle.

"You get in that car and I hate you. If you leave me tonight I hate you!" Bonnie yelled.

I turned, looking back at him. A tear finally slipped from eyes as I opened my door. I got in my car and drove away, leaving a heartbroken boy in the park by himself.

That was the last time I ever saw Bonnie.

•••

"Penelope, come on! This is a funeral! We can't be late!" Taylor yelled, checking his watch.

"I'm coming, Taylor, fuck!" Penelope ran down stairs in her six inch heels and waddled out of the door.

We all piled into the car. Taylor drove us to the church, speeding and shit. When we got there, people were just going inside the church.

I looked up at the huge building. I haven't been inside or even near a church for years. To say I was scared was an understatement. The last time I was inside of a church, the preacher was "cleansing me of my sins".

I grabbed Taylor's hand and walked into church. Kenosha greeted us at the door.

"I'm so glad you could make it Mutt." She took me from Taylor and lead me to the front of the church. We sat at first pew.

I sat down beside Marcus with Kenosha on my right. I looked at my older brother. His eyes were glossy, he was staring at the open casket.

Marcus was dick but he's been there for me when I needed someone. We would have to put our differences aside. I grabbed his hand expecting him to pull away but instead, he held my hand; tightly.

"I love you big brother." I told him as I wiped his stray tear away with my right hand.

"Yeah?" His voice broke.

"Yeah." I whispered.

The funeral began.

An hour or so had passed and we were getting to an end, Kenosha walked up to the stand, teary eyed. I was tired honestly, a few times I even wanted to yawn. I was ready for Kenosha to hurry up and finish her speech because I was hungry and tired.

The church doors were flown open and in walked Jeremiah with his goons. In their hands were army guns.

Fuck, I can never catch a break.

The End.

•••

I FINALLY FINISHED IT!! LET ME KNOW WHICH BROTHER YOU WERE ROOTING FOR THROUGH OUT THE STORY, I KNEW WHO I WANTED MUTT TO END UP WITH THE WHOLE TIME BUT A LOT OF TIMES I WAS LIKE "I LOVE BONNIE, I MIGHT CHANGE THE STORY SO MUTT CAN END UP WITH HIM" BUT I HAD ALREADY MENTALLY WROTE THE STORY SO I COULDN'T CHANGE IT BUT I WAS DEFINITELY #TEAM BONNIE THE WHOLE TIME.

#TEAMBONNIE OR #TEAMTAYLOR