Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Harry! Give it to me!" I shouted frustrated. He just smirked amused, which made me all the angrier. "Harry. Give me the remote," I told him sternly no longer reaching for the object he was holding out of my reach.
"No," he said plainly. I just looked at him exasperated. "You're not even watching tv!" I argued.
"So," he said still amused. I just snapped my mouth shut and gave him a warning look. He didn't budge. I just glared at him before making my way over to the plush chair we had placed on the far side of the living area. Crossing my arms and looking at the stupid soap opera on the television. God, I hated soap operas, which Harry knew, which was all the more reason for him to snatch the remote from me leading to a 15 minuet fight over some rectangular box.
"Oh, don't be that way buttercup." I rolled my eyes but couldn't fight a smile at the nickname he'd given me 6 months ago when he first tried to get me to sleep with him, to which I so graciously denied several times.

See, when I first started attending college at London I was just fresh meat. Harry, being Harry, tried multiple times to get me to sleep with him. After about a week he got the message. He was so surprised that I wouldn't sleep with him.  Apparently I intrigued him, because he still wouldn't leave me alone. So shortly after we became best friends. Then somehow he convinced me to move in with him. And well, here we are. Doing our daily dose of arguing. That's a key part to Harry and I's relationship. If we aren't arguing over silly things something was wrong.

"Speak to me. Lets hear that sexy American accent," he said slyly sneaking that sexy American accent thing in there. He knew I loved the fact that he thought my accent was sexy.
"I hate you," I said looking over at him. He pursed his lips. "Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take it," his tone was playful and I couldn't help, but admire the deep raspy tone of his voice. I had always loved Harry's voice. Well, really I loved everything about him. 

I had developed feelings for Harry, but I would never tell him that. Like ever. He was not the type to be in a long term relationship. He picked up random girls had sex with them and it was over. He was done with them like that. A part of me always hated that side of Harry, because I knew how he could be when we were alone. So, I stuck around because he wasn't all bad. But still I would never even dream of telling him how I felt. I would be setting myself up for heartbreak, and I didn't want to lose Harry. Every time something even remotely close to showing couple like affection happens between us, he pushes me away. Of course I go drag him back only to have the cycle repeated. But I figured having a constant go around was better than not having him at all.

"Go make me a sandwich," I ordered suddenly.
"Do I look like your servant?"
"No, but I'll love you forever and ever." I begged.
"That was a rhetorical question," Harry stated ignoring what I said and plopping down on the disgusting germ infested couch. I always made a point to avoid the couch, because that was where Harry brought all his...friends home. Never to his bedroom. I don't know why either. I've asked but he wont tell me. I just figure its like his way of separating his bad boy life to the Harry that rarely makes an appearance anywhere.

"Fine. I'll make my own sandwich," I grumbled lifting myself from the couch. He grinned at me like a school boy. I flipped him off as I entered the kitchen.
"That wasn't very nice," he called out to me.
"You're not very nice," I shot back.
"I am truly hurt by that," he replied even though it was obvious it didn't affect him in the slightest.
"I can tell," I called out sarcastically getting out the ingredients for my sandwich. I heard a knocking on the front door after that so I quickly made my way to it, not even bothering to see who it was. I swung the door open revealing a blonde Irishman looking cute as ever in his snapback and sweats.

"Hey Niall. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked brightly greeting him with a hug.
"Just wanted to come by and tell Harry about a fight tonight. You're looking beautiful as ever I see," he said as I moved out of the way allowing him into the room.