Chapter 13

My loud laughter filled the  abandoned gym as I playfully hit Harry and he fell down pretending to be knocked out.

"You are such a dork," I teased.

He looked up at me from the ground before putting his hands behind his head causing his muscles flex. Holy Jesus.

"I'll have you know that I am the shit," he said.

I snorted. "Uh huh," I said sarcastically. He raised his eyebrows before he quickly removed one of his hands from behind his head and sweeping them out catching my calf and jerking it. I fell down and let out a weird noise. Harry crawled over to me and put his forearms down on each side of my head. He held himself above me and I tried to keep my breathing steady. I could swear by the smirk on his face he could hear the rapid pounding of my heart.

"What? You don't think I'm cool?" he asked.

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'. He lowered his face closer to mine.

"You sure?" he asked. His pupils dilate and his voice is huskier than usual.

"Yeah," I tried to stay calm, but it was taking every fiber of my being not to just strip naked and have sex with him right now.  I'm not even kidding. It's that bad.

"Well, I could....persuade you to think otherwise," he says as his eyes flicker to my lips and back up to my eyes. Oh my God. Is this really happening.

"Hey so are you ready..." Jacobs voice interrupts from the other side of the gym, but trails off when he sees our position. His immediately looks away and I glance back at Harry to see him giving Jacob the evil eye. His eyes blazing with anger. He sighs and pulls himself up from the floor. Holding his hand out to me. I grab his hand and he pulls me up like I weigh nothing. Our eyes meet briefly and I'm way too aware of the way the felling of his hands on mine make the skin tingle, but the contact is soon lost. I look away and frown slightly.

"I guess I should get back to the apartment. Louis and El will be wondering where I'm at," I tell him, not really sure what else to say.

"Yeah," was all he said. I took a deep breath and smiled at Jacob. He returned it and I turned to leave. I grabbed my phone as I passed the table remembering the reason I'm here in the first place. As I'm walking away I hear Jacob.

"Well, that escalated quickly." I also heard Harry growl shut up and a smacking sound.

The drive back to the house was the worst. I was consumed with my thoughts and had no distractions. I was so conflicted whether or not I should go on this date. On one hand Chase is a sweet guy and I can't just say no, but on the other I never miss any of Harry's fights. Why is this so difficult. If I don't show up, it could be payback for him calling me a slut. That really did hurt. I don't know why though. I had been called names before and usually I didn't care what people thought, but coming from him it hurt. Still though, he apologized. What if he didn't mean it though. He's always messing something up then apologizing like nothing happened. This time I can't let it slide. I always just forgive him way to easily and its not fair. It's time to start getting payback. So I pull into the apartment just as the sun is going down, and grab my phone messaging Chase back.

I'd love too.

-Harper

~

I eat breakfast for dinner since their was still some food left and I shouldn't let it go to waste. Harry still is not home, so I end up going to bed without him after a quick shower. I once again put on one of his shirts. It smells like him and is comfortable, so I don't really care if he gets mad or not. The bed is cold and lonely without him. I snuggle up to his pillow because it smelled exactly like Harry and I had come to love that scent. I can't go to sleep though. My mind won't stop thinking, and I'm worried about where he is. What if he went to some girls place? What if he is out and brings a girl home? I don't want to know if that's the case. I rather go blind than have Harry bring a girl home ever again. Around two a.m. I groan and fling the covers back. I can't sleep. I wander into the kitchen and open the fridge scanning the items but not finding myself actually interested. I shut it back quietly so I don't wake up Lou and El. I travel around the island to the cabinets and grab a glass then filling it with water. I sip at it and just think. The front door opens and my head snaps up. Harry comes in through the door trying to quietly shut the door behind him. When he turns around and sees me, his eyes seem to darken and I wonder what that's about. He comes closer and sets his gym bag on the counter. I notice his disheveled hair and a hickey stands out against his neck. I glance back down to my glass and fiddle with the rim. So he was with somebody.