Chapter 10

Harper's P.O.V

"They're ridiculous," Harry shot back.

"No. Their not," I snapped.

"All they do is sing cookie cutter popstar songs that were written for them, that have no message whatsoever," he said eyes still trained on the road.

"That's a lie! They do to write their own songs!" I defended.

"Well, that's unfortunate," he stated glancing at me for a second.

"You're impossible ," I groaned.

"One of the many reasons you love me," Harry teased grinning cheekily his dimples becoming prominent.

I was having a bit of a panic attack, because driving in Harry's range rover was not as fun as driving his motorcycle. So, I turned on the radio to get my mind off of it when I turned on the radio and Fifth Harmony came on. Harry immediately changed the channel and  I asked what was wrong with that song and then we basically got into a full blown argument about music. I was happy that things were getting back to normal. Things had been a bit awkward and tense lately and I wanted my best friend back.

"Whatever,'' I said rolling my eyes. "Loser," I mumbled under my breath, but made sure it was loud enough for Harry to hear.

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "How dare you!" he said in a very posh, gay offended voice. I couldn't help but just laugh and laugh.

"I didn't even know you're voice could go that high!" I said trying to calm down.

Harry cleared his throat and a lopsided grin took over his handsome features. "Neither did I."

After that it got quiet, but it was a nice quiet. I got that stupid urge to hold his hand again and I think I would have if he hadn't pulled into the parking lot. I grabbed my bag and got out opened the door and slamming it shut before making my way around the car. We fell in step together until we reached the door. He held the door open for me I smiled at him to which he returned. I was hit with a cold draft and the strong, stout unmistakable smell of coffee beans. I already knew what I wanted because, well I have a coffee addiction. It's a problem.

I must have stopped the take in the smell, because Harry  put his hand on the small of my pack to gently push me forward. But even after he gave me a nudge, he kept his hand there, and I let him. While we waited but the counter, I seemed to lean into him. It was like I perfectly molded to him body. Since I was enjoying the physical contact I took advantage of it. I wrapped my arms around him and placed my head on his chest and let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm tired," I told him shutting my eyes briefly. He chuckled softly and played with pieces of my hair.

"That's not helping," I said realizing how true the statement about me being tired was.

"Why? Do you like it when I play with your hair?" he asked. His tone was light and sweet.

"Yes," I said looking up at him. For a second I got lost in his beautiful green eyes. I had never seen someone with the shade of eyes that Harry had. They were so unique and I loved them so much. I brought myself back to reality in time to realize we were next in line. I slowly unwound my arms from Harry not wanting to let him go.

"What can I get you?" asked an older woman from behind the counter.

"I would like a double chocolate chip frappe please," I told her politely. I started to dig through my bag for my wallet as Harry ordered.

"Just a black coffee," Harry said. I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at him. I gave him a weird look.

"Who drinks just black coffee?" I asked.

"Lots of people," Harry defended.

"Lots of people on crack," I retorted.

"I am not on crack," he told me matter of factly. "I am on coke. Why do you always get those two mixed up?" he joked. I laughed, but told him with a stern tone all the same.

"You better not be on drugs," I said looking up at him. He chuckled lightly before replying.

"Don't worry, I'm not on drugs."

The older woman behind the counter called out our names, which I hadn't noticed she's been given. I had forgotten about the money so I quickly started searching again. But then my drink was being handed to me and Harry was leading me to a small two person table in the corner. I realized he had paid for it and gave a look. He knows I don't like it when people pay for me.

"Shut up. I felt like being nice," he said taking in my facial expression.

"Whatever," I sighed taking a sip of my coffee. He slurped on his as well for a second and looked a little uneasy.

"So you know Christmas is coming up..." Harry trailed not meeting my eyes.

"Yeah," I said slowly encouraging Harry to tell me what was on his mind.

"Well my mum call the other day and asked if I was coming down to the family cabin this year. I told her I would think about it and I decided I want to go," he stopped. I stayed quiet knowing there was more. He shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat. He finally looked up at me and his eyes held so many emotions. Fear, hope. desperation, and something else I couldn't describe.

"Do you want to come down with me? To meet my family?" he asked looking away from me again.

I had never seen Harry this way. He was always so smooth and charming. Right now it was like he had turned into a high school boy about to ask a girl out on a date for the first time. I thought it was cute and the fact that he was nervous asking me to meet his family made my heart sputter and I think I stopped breathing. I think I was a little too excited that he had asked me but he was quick to keep talking.

"I mean you don't have to. I know you've got your own family and you should visit them. Or maybe you're just not a cabin person. I mean my famil-" I cut off his rambling by calling his name. He kept talking though. I called his name again and reached over and grabbed his hand in both of mine and this time he looked up at me and shut his mouth.

"I would love to go down to your family's cabin for Christmas," I said looking him in the eye. He grinned at me, but then realized what had just happened.

"Uh, cool," he said taking a sip of his coffee. I released his hand and grabbed my own drink. I glanced up at him and he was looking out the window fighting a smile. I didn't fight mine.

~

After that nice coffee this morning Harry and I had to get to class. We went out separate ways but not before he kissed me on the cheek and gave me a bright smile. I feel like I was on cloud nine. I was happily daydreaming in class when a sudden awful thought hit me. What about Chase? I can't just blow him off. But what if me going on the date ruins things with Harry? Family was a sensitive topic to Harry and the fact that he had asked me to meet them was a big deal. I was slightly panicking, but I just tried to let it go and I'll figure things out when I get there.

In biology Harry sat next to me today. I don't know how I could go out with Chase. Not when my heart just has a spaz attack every time Harry walks in the room. Halfway through the lesson Harry started playing with my hair. I blinked sleepily then realized I hadn't got half of the teachers last words.

"I'm not going to learn anything with you doing that," I whispered to him.

"I'll just fill you in later," he whispered shrugging and I let it go because I knew he could. Like I said before, freaking genius. It's insane how he can pay attention to everything around him when he wants to. Plus all the information he can hold in his brain. I loved that Harry was smart and I hated that nobody knew. Everyone judged him for the tattoos and his womanizing ways. Every girl thought he was hot and every guy thought he was dangerous. Which he can be if provoked, but its not his usual self. I figure it's some sort of way to not half to deal with people. If he just gives off this mean demeanor. I didn't like that side of Harry unless he was fighting. If he was fighting I wanted everything he had put into a fight. I don't like seeing Harry hurt. He was so important to me and I know it's the guys job to protect the girl, but I would give my life for him. I think he's worth saving, and one way or another I'm going to show him that.