Chapter 20

Two day. Two days had gone by in perfect bliss like this. Harry was different, but in a way that he was still him, yet he was also the Harry I met 7 months ago. I was eating it up too. It was so nice to be one of the only people Harry ever acted this way around. I was disappointed because we hadn't had the chance to kiss again since the night in the kitchen. The feeling of his lips on mine had become my favorite sensation far too quickly. I wanted that feeling all the time. I craved it. I was beginning to worry about myself. It seemed unhealthy.

I was currently watching a sappy Christmas movie on the couch. It was Christmas eve and I was pretty excited. Gemma was sat beside me watching intently just like I was. We had become great friends over the past couple days. Of coarse I have El, but it's nice to have a new perspective. Making new friends is always fun.

"Do it," I muttered. "Do it," I repeated at the tv. The lead guy and the girl were having a moment and I was pretty sure they were going to kiss. At least I hope they do.

"Please," Gemma muttered. It was almost funny how into this movie we had gotten.

"Have you gu-" Harry starts as he's walking through the door.

"Shhhhh!!!" Gemma and I both shushed him without looking away from the screen.

"Well," he mumbled. The couple on the screen were getting closer and closer and Gemma and I leaned forward. Their lips met and Gemma and I squealed and grinned.

"Yay!" Gemma said clapping. I practically fell out of my chair making excited noises.

"Are you guys okay?" Harry asked watching us warily. I was aware he hadn't left, but I didn't care.

"Yes. Now I am. Oh my God. I was waiting for that the entire movie. I don't care about anything else," I said to Harry first then turning to Gemma.

"I know right?" she replied a grin still present on her face.

"You're really that excited over a kiss?" Harry asked still watching us.

"Yes! The kiss is the best part," I told him defensively.

"No way," he snorted.

"Yes way. When you build up tension like that, it is most definitely the best part of the movie," I argued.

"Your delusional," he said rolling his eyes.

"Okay then Mr.SmartGuy, then what do you think the best part of the movie is?" I challenge.

"I don't watch chick flicks," he said.

"Lies," I shot back.

"Fine. I guess the best part is the way the guy looks at the girl. When he looks at her like he loves her, there's something about that moment. Something that seems a lot more special than a kiss. A kiss is physical, that loving look is caused by emotions," he explains. I stare at him for a moment.

"Huh," I say finally tilting my head a little. I pursed my lips in thought. I tend to do that. I turned back to the tv, but I wasn't watching anymore. I was no longer interested in the love story on the tv screen, but more so by the one in my own life. Was it even called a love story? The love is only one sided right? I know Harry's been acting better and sweeter and we've been doing coupley things, but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. The word love was never brought up between us. Hell, the word like was never brought up between us. He said a lot of things the other day, but he never really told me how he feels specifically. It could be lust. It could be that I was safety for him. Maybe he just thinks of me as familiar and he can't let me go. He might not really think about me that way truly. It broke my heart to think about that, but I had to consider all options. Harry had been so wishy washy before, and old habits die hard. It'll hurt a lot worse if I convince myself he has feelings for me only to be let down.