Chapter 30

Harry knocked on my door around 6:45.

"We gotta go Harper," he called.

"Coming," I called back snatching up my purse and walking over to my door. I took a deep breath before opening it. Harry smiled at me and I smiled back shortly.

"We should go," I suggested.

"Yeah," Harry said biting his lip and moving out of my door way. I closed the door behind me, and when I did my body turned in Harry's direction and we became way too close for comfort. I swiftly took a step back avoiding all eye contact whatsoever.

"Where are El and Louis?" he asked me quietly while we walked through the house.

"Out for dinner," I answered him just as softly. He nodded silently opening the front door for me.

"Thanks," it came out barley above a whisper.

"Are you driving?" he asked me his voice coming out husky and low.

"Yeah," I nodded. He handed me the keys and I gave him a small smile as a thank you. This little tension thing we had going on was really starting to bug me, but there was nothing I could really do about it. I was most certainly not going to address it and I was most certainly not going to give in and start making out with him on the hood of the car. I was not going to be with someone who acted as if they could really care for me and then just, poof, doesn't care anymore. I wasn't having it.

I opened the left side car door and slid into the seat behind the wheel.

"I will never get used to this," I mumbled buckling my seatbelt.

"So I've heard," Harry said smiling lightly.

"Well, it's just not natural. Growing up driving on the right side of the road and then I get over here and all the rules change,"  I argued in my defense while I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Well, if you hate the driving so much why did you stay here?" Harry asked teasingly.

"This pervert I met probably wouldn't have let me go. He only tried to get me to sleep with him 50,000 times," I exaggerated.

"Perhaps this pervert should of gotten his ass kicked," he replied.

"He probably should have, but then he somehow convinced me to move in with him, and I got in too deep. Now, turns out, he's not so bad," I said glancing over at him. He grinned and so did I.

"What do you think will become of this young man?" he asked me.

"I think that he is going to finish college and open his own auto repair shop, fixing cars as he loves to do, and he'll never settle down, because God help him, he's most certainly not the type to want a family," I said. Harry was staring at me thoughtfully while I spoke. I glanced at him and continued to speak.

"Unless, somewhere deep down inside he wants a family one day. He doesn't know I know this, but he's really good with kids," I said.

"It was Gemma wasn't it?" Harry asked red cheeked.

"Oh my God! Harry are you blushing?" I asked genuinely surprised.

"What? Absolutely not. Harry Styles does not blush," he said turning away from me, but a smile had crept onto his face. I smirked a little and tried not to grin.

"Why are you embarrassed of me knowing that you're good with kids?" I asked curiously as we pulled into the parking lot of Liam's apartment.

"It's not manly," he said shrugging. I smiled and put the car in park.