Chapter 14-Babys first scan

Dakota's PoV

The news that I am pregnant has finally sunk in,I am getting ready as we are going for the ultrasound that the Dr booked for us we will find out how far along I am and hopefully my due date. I walk to the mirror and turn to the side and lift up my shirt there isn't bump there yet I feel strong arms go round my waist 'Dakota baby are you ready' Jamie says I turn round and he looks gorgeous in a blue shirt and jeans 'let's go see our baby' I say unable to keep the excitement out of my voice he chuckles and kisses my nose and then my stomach and we walk out of the bedroom and leave for the hospital.
We are in the waiting room and we are called in I lie on the bed and I am asked a few questions about how I am feeling I say that since I have been taking the iron tablets I feel better and only have a bit of morning sickness,the nurse then gets the gel and I giggle when she puts the gel on my stomach,she puts the probe on me and moves it round while looking at the screen and then suddenly we hear a thump thump sound and my eyes fill with tears when I realise it's our baby's heartbeat 'well it's a good strong heartbeat' the nurse says and I go to hold Jamie's hand and I see that he has tears in his eyes also I just squeeze his hand and he leans forward and softly kisses me on the lips 'thank you baby' he whispers 'couldn't have done it without you Mr Dornan' I say and wink 'dam straight not without me' he chuckles back. The nurse pulls us both back by saying that I am 8 weeks which will put me due on October but they will have a better idea of what part of October at my 12 week scan 'if I am 8 weeks then there is a strong chance this is a wedding night baby' I look at Jamie who still has a stupid grin on his face 'well I always knew that night was memorable,now we have an amazing reminder of how memorable it was' Jamie says and kisses me causing me to blush.

Jamie's PoV

I can't wait to see mine and Dakota's baby today. I am still getting use to the idea of her being pregnant it's slowly sinking in but I couldn't be happier. I walk into our bedroom to see if Dakota is ready and I chuckle when I see her looking sideways in the mirror to see if she has a bump which she doesn't yet but I can't wait till she does, I walk up and put my arms round her waist 'Dakota baby are you ready' she turns round and the smile on her face is infectious 'let's go see our baby' she says with huge excitement in her voice I chuckle and kiss her nose and her stomach and we head off to the hospital.
We are called into the room and after being asked a few questions they start doing the ultrasound,Dakota giggles when they put the gel on,the nurse moves the probe on Dakota's stomach while looking at the screen suddenly a loud thump thump sound fills the room,my baby's heartbeat the nurse says it's good and strong I feel tears in my eyes I look at Dakota who also has tears in her eyes I softly kiss her and say 'thank you baby' 'couldn't have done it without you Mr Dornan' she says and winks 'dam straight not without me' I chuckle. The nurse then says that Dakota is 8 weeks putting her due in October but we will get a better idea of when at her 12 week scan Dakota then looks at me 'if I am 8 weeks then there is a strong chance this is a wedding night baby' I grin at her and say 'well I always knew that night was memorable now we have an amazing reminder of how memorable it was' Dakota just blushes.
We arrive home and I can't stop looking at Dakota's scan photo 'we need to work out how we are going to tell people' I say to her as we snuggle on the sofa 'Dulcie is here this weekend right' she says and I nod 'well I want to tell her first after all she will be a big half sister' she smiles I love that she always puts Dulcie first 'whatever you want beautiful now I need to feed my wife and son' I wink when I say son 'it could be your daughter' she winks back I just shake my head and go and her us lunch. We decide to invite everyone over and make the announcement that way we just need to see when everyone is free.
We settle in bed with Dakota's back to my front and as has become my habit since I found out she was pregnant I rub her stomach,I can hear her breathing change and I know she is nearly asleep 'night Jamie love you' she mumbles 'night gorgeous girl I love you too so much' I say and fall into a contented sleep wondering if I am having a son or a daughter

A/N
Hope that you enjoy this chapter, next one up tomorrow and again a big thank you for the votes and comments