One shot number 2- I can't lose her

A/N
Just to let you know this one shot will totally be in Jamie's PoV

Jamie's PoV

2 hours have passed since I got the phone call that turned my world upside down. 2 hours I have been sat in this tiny room waiting for news, my dad is on his way but at the moment all I can think is I can't lose her not my precious Dakota my mind goes back to the worse moment of my life.

Flashback

'I am just dropping Dulcie back baby' I say to Dakota 'ok babe Stella is coming and we are taking Alexandra and Charlie to the park join us after?' she beams at me so happy that her sister is visiting 'I will be there baby' I say and walk out with Dulcie.
I am just saying goodbye to Amelia and Dulcie when my phone rings 'is this Mr Dornan?' a strangers voice asks 'yes I am Mr Dornan' I reply with a hint of worry in my voice 'Mr Dornan we need you to come to the hospital your wife has been in an accident' he says in a calm voice 'no no your wrong she is with our children at the park' I say this is not happening 'I am afraid I'm not please Mr Dornan you need to get here' I mumble a yes and hang up I can't stop the tears 'daddy why are you crying' Dulcie asks 'daddy has had some bad news' I hear Amelia say but it's like I am underwater 'Jamie I will drive you' Amelia says I just nod and we leave. I can't lose her I keep saying in my head.

End of flashback

That was 2 hours ago. The door opens and I hope it's a Dr but it's Stella with Alexandra and Charlie 'daddy hug' Alexandra says and toddles over to me I pull her onto my lap and rock her back and forth tears streaming down my face Charlie is asleep in his pushchair. Neither of them really understand what's going on but Alexandra knows it's something bad 'any news?' Stella asks I just shake my head. A few minutes later a police officer walks in and after they speak to Stella I get a clearer picture of what happened, Dakota had Charlie's pushchair and Stella was holding Alexandra's hand when they crossed the road a car jumped a red light and Dakota pushed Charlie out of the way but the car hit her and then hit a sign post she risked her life for our son. A fresh batch of tears fall down my face the driver wasn't badly hurt and was arrested at the scene but I don't care about them at the moment all I care about is Dakota.
Another hour passes and the door opens again, this time it's my dad and Samia who walk in, Alexandra has fallen asleep Samia offers to go back with Stella and the kids I just nod and gently hand her Alexandra 'I will help Samia take the kids back to yours then I will be back' Stella says again I just nod playing with my wedding ring 'she is a fighter Jamie' she says as she walks out 'son' I hear my dad say I stand up and hug my dad my tears falling quicker than ever 'I can't lose her dad she's my world' I sob 'Stella is right she's a fighter' he says and we both sit down. I am staring at the floor when the door opens I don't look up 'Mr Dornan' I hear and when I see it's the Dr I shoot up out of my seat 'please tell me my wife is ok' I say 'she has come through surgery however she did suffer bad injuries so now it's waiting for her body to recover so she can wake up' he says 'but she will wake up?' I say asking the question I am dreading the answer too 'yes she will but in her own time' the Dr says with a small smile I feel my knees go from under me and I sit down before I fall down 'she is going to be ok son' my dad sits next to me 'I need her dad we have the kids they need her just as much as I do' Stella walks back in 'any news?' 'she is out of surgery it's now just waiting for her to wake up' I say 'thank heavens hopefully she will be awake by the time mum gets here'.
The Dr walks back in 'Mr Dornan if you come with me you can sit with your wife' I am up and following him before he has fully finished talking he leads me to Dakota's room, I nervously walk in 'baby I am here' I say with a tremble in my voice and sit down by her bed.
Sitting at Dakota's bed I am taken back to when we filmed the final fifty film and Ana was in hospital, but this isn't fiction it's real life my wife my world is lying in a hospital bed 'baby your mum is on her way dad and Samia are here and Stella of course. Samia has the kids they are fine I can't believe you did what you did to stop our son getting hurt I will never forget it' I feel fresh tears for the millionth time, I hold her left hand and rub her engagement and wedding ring 'I need you baby, the kids need you your already beautiful you don't need anymore beauty sleep please baby open those beautiful eyes for me' I stroke her face and kiss her cheek. My dad walks in 'I wish she would wake up' I sigh 'she will in time son her body needs to recover' I just nod sadly.
A few days have passed and Dakota still hasn't woken up, I am so tired I spend all day at the hospital then go home put the kids to bed then go back to the hospital. I don't like to be away too long incase Dakota wakes up, Melanie stays with her when I am not there. I am just tucking Alexandra into bed 'where mama' she gives me a sad look 'mama is getting some sleep after being poorly princess' I tell her trying to hold back my tears, she just nods her head and goes to sleep my heart breaking for her. I am at the hospital that evening 'Jamie why don't you go home try and sleep or rest your burning yourself out' Melanie suggests 'I can't I need to be here when she wakes up' I say while holding Dakota's hand she just nods her head at me 'if your stay if I am going to go grab a coffee do you want anything' Melanie offers I just shake my head all I want at the moment is Dakota to wake up. I look at the clock thinking that time is standing still my hand constantly holding Dakota's and my other hand stroking her face. I suddenly feel Dakota's hand move 'baby' I say and look at her she flutters her eyes open 'Ja Jamie' she croaks 'I am here baby don't speak I will get someone' I say and go to find someone 'don't leave me' Dakota chokes out 'ok baby I won't' I hit the button above her bed to call someone, a few minutes later a Dr walks in. After doing a few tests the Dr seems happy but she wants to keep Dakota in for a few days. When the Dr leaves it's just Dakota and myself 'Jamie I am so sorry' Dakota cries 'baby don't cry it's not your fault I am just happy your awake you put our sons safety first and I love you so much for it but please don't scare me like that again' I soothe and rub her hand.
After a few more hours of me sitting with Dakota I feel my eyes closing 'Jamie go home and get some sleep' she says rubbing my wedding ring 'baby I don't want to leave you' I say back 'you need sleep I will still be here tomorrow' 'ok baby but if you need me just call me' I say I lean down to kiss her goodbye ' I will be back tomorrow with the kids' I say and smile my first real smile since that dreaded phone call.
I get the kids ready the next day 'let's go and see mummy guys' I say as I put them in the car 'mama mama' Alexandra says. We walk in and Alexandra goes straight to the bed 'mama' I pick her up and sit her next to Dakota. I sit down next to her with Charlie in my lap, after and hour or so Dakota and Alexandra are asleep on the bed and Charlie is asleep on my lap I look at my family and smile sending a a quiet thank you to the heavens that I didn't lose Dakota and in that moment I know that I will treasure her even more and remind her everyday how much I love her.