⊰two⊱

With speed, agility, and even a little bit of grace, I raced through the trees of the Beacon Hills Preserve, following a strong scent of blood that I had caught a whiff of after I left my house. The sun was getting low, but that wasn't going to stop me. It never did. My defined eyes allowed me an advantage that the police didn't have; I could see my surroundings with immense clarity, even in total darkness.

I followed the smell all the way to a familiar house that almost burned to the ground six years prior.

The Hale House.

It still faintly smelt of burnt wood and flesh, even after six years. I guess some scents never fade; they just dim to the point where a human nose couldn't smell it anymore. To a werewolf, though, with heightened, well, everything, the scent of death hung over the building like a hanger on a closet rack.

I stood still and listened, but I didn't hear a thing. No one was home. I mean, it wasn't much of a home anymore, but I knew enough about Derek Hale to know that he'd return here if he was really back in Beacon Hills. The Hale House was familiar to him and it would be a way for him to be close to his family again.

I was so focused on listening to the noise inside the house, or lack thereof, that I didn't hear anything behind me until something collided into my back and sent me flying closer to the run-down building. I rolled over once and landed back on my toes, braced to fight once I heard the growling of another werewolf. I scanned the woods for him, my teeth bared.

I saw the blue irises first. It was a beta. And his blue eyes meant that this beta had killed someone in it's past. 

"You're an omega," the beta snarled with laughter.

I smirked. "Don't need a pack. I've done just fine on my own," I snarled back. My canines and claws elongated and my vision become red- which told me that I was in werewolf mode.

The beta was crouched to attack but something about his face looked familiar.

He was in full wolf mode, with full sideburns and his nose more pointed. His canines were prominent, too, with his blue eyes flaming with anger. "What are you doing here? How did you find this place?" he snarled.

I shrugged. "I was following the scent of blood. What are you doing at the-" I cut myself off. The longer I stared at the beta, the more I recognized him. I narrowed my eyes in anger. "Hell no," I hissed.

I didn't bother with a fight, I just took off again, running around the Hale House and back into the woods. I'd rather kill someone for sport than deal with that particular wolf.

I had to make a u-turn in the trees to head back to my own house and I tried to keep myself concealed in the trees. However, that idea didn't last and something collided into me again to send me tumbling. I growled at the persistent little jackass. "Stop that!" I screeched.

The beta stood straight up at the the same time that I stood back onto my feet. I wiped the leaves and dirt from my yoga pants and looked up. The beta had transformed back to his human self and stepped into the moonlight that was seeping in between the canopy of trees, confirming who I had a feeling it was.

Derek Hale.

He looked surprised to see me, especially as a werewolf. "Sarah? Sarah Stilinski?" he asked incredulously.

I crossed my arms across my chest and scowled. "Looks like you still have a memory, Hale. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get home now," I said, heading off into the woods again.

I heard him following me quickly, trying to catch up to me. I spun around to glare at him. "Leave me alone!" I snapped.

"When did you become a werewolf, Sarah?" he asked, ignoring my angry demand.