⊰seven⊱

Stiles
Derek was just at the school. I spotted him leaving. Can you find out what he was doing there?

Sarah
How the hell did I manage to get myself involved in all of this?

Stiles
Because you love your little brother oh so very much. And because you're not in school at the moment, so, you can go talk to him. Pleeeeeaaaaseeee?

Sarah
You owe me. Big time.

I let out a loud groan and sat down on my bed, pulling my brown combat boots onto my feet.I really did not want to do this, but I knew that I should because my brother asked me to do it. And anyway, I was curious as to why Derek Hale would show up at the high school if he wasn't going to talk to Scott. 

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and raced downstairs quickly. I hurried out the front door and locked it behind me. Rather than driving, I just decided to run and I headed off into the woods. 

I followed the scent I had from before back to the Hale house and paused outside of the house to listen. I heard his heartbeat inside and began to strut up to the house, because I had to be extra and dramatic. I stepped up the front steps and pushed open the door, where I found Derek in what was left of the foyer.

Shirtless. 

Shirtless and doing pull ups on the threshold of the doorway leading into what was once the living room. 

His back was to me and I saw the tattoo in the middle of his shoulder blades again. As I focused on his tattoo, my annoying hormones went fucking nuts at the sight of his muscular body. And I wanted to dig my claws into my eyes. 

"What are you doing here, Sarah?" Derek asked me, proceeding in doing his pull-ups. 

I huffed and crossed my arms, stepping around him so that I was facing him, which didn't exactly help in my state of apparent weakness because I nearly became weak in the knees at the sight of the front of his shirtless body.

He really grew up after high school. 

I focused on his face, giving him a hard expression to force myself to forget that he was hot. "I wanna know what you were doing at the high school," I demanded. 

"I didn't touch your brother," he told him, not even looking me in the eyes. "Didn't even go near him."

I narrowed my eyes and flicked my hair from my shoulder in a dramatic huff. "Yeah, Stiles would've told me if you had and we'd be having a very different conversation," I snapped. "Answer the damn question, Hale, so I can get the hell out of here."

He did one more pull-up before he let his hands fall, but he didn't land on his feet. Instead, he fell forward into a push-up position and started doing push-ups at my feet as if I wasn't even there. "I wanted to know what Jackson saw the other night," Derek informed me. 

I narrowed my eyes down at his muscular form. "I already told you that it was the alpha, Derek. Why would you want to know what a mere teenager saw?" I asked him. "My clawed up arm not enough evidence for you?"

He threw one hand behind his back and kicked his feet further apart as he started doing one-handed push-ups, but I heard the uptick in his heartbeat when I mentioned the wound on my arm that still hadn't healed properly.

"He may have seen something you hadn't. He was there seconds before you showed up," he told me. 

I scoffed. "He wasn't paying any attention. When I walked in, all he was looking for was someone who worked there. We both saw the same thing. The only difference is that when he saw the alpha, it was in the shadows. I got up close and personal with it when it pinned me to the floor and maimed me. You could've just come to me."