⊰twenty three⊱

I pulled into my driveway and turned off my car. I had spent some time driving around after I left Scott's house, trying to see if I could maybe find Derek anywhere, but I didn't have much luck in doing so.

The Argents must be holding him somewhere remote and I just have to keep looking.

I sighed and turned of my car. I took the time to lift up the convertible top back into place and a yawn left my lips. 

I was exhausted. Being shot and burned with wolfsbane, running and driving around town to find Derek...I could sleep for a fucking week.

"Well hello, old friend," a familiar voice mused.

I growled out a warning and my eyes glowing electric blue so that I was seeing as a wolf. 

I saw Kate Argent standing at the side of my house, hidden away in the shadows. She was chuckling as she came closer to me, toying with the taser wand in her hand.

"Last time I saw you, you fucking shot at me, bitch," I snarled.

She tsked. "Let's let bygones be bygones, Sarah. I mean, I was your best friend once," she chuckled.

I growled. "I only ever had one best friend. You're not her."

She stalked toward me slowly and dramatically, swaying her hips, and I just rolled my eyes. "That's right," she mused. "And everyone else—well, the boys...they were just your own personal toys, weren't they? A werewolf's little play things to slut around with. Right?" she asked me, flicking the taser on for a second. 

I bent at my knees and gave her another snarl, letting my claws come out. I wasn't going down without a proper fight this time. 

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," I snarled.

"But, now, you've upgraded. Have you decided to see what it's like to sleep with another werewolf?" She clicked her tongue and tilted her head, but didn't give me a second to respond. "But why Derek Hale? I mean, didn't he date your best friend before she died? Wasn't he in love with her?"

The snarl I had on my face faltered when she mentioned Paige and her death, but I narrowed my eyes to conceal my falter.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I snapped.

"Wouldn't Paige be pretty upset with her best friend sleeping with the boy she was so in love with?" Kate asked me.

I snarled again and took a threatening step toward Kate. "Don't ever say her name again!" I snapped. "And not that it's any of your business—I've never slept with Derek Hale." 

My face was transforming into my full wolf, which I haven't actually done in so long. I felt my ears growing out to a point and the bridge of my nose became more narrow, while sideburns grew out of my face.

Kate had a surprised expression upon her face, but I could tell it was fake; mocking. 

"What?" she fake-gasped, putting a hand on her heart. "So, you slut around with all these boys in high school—probably in college, too—but you won't have sex with Derek?" Kate asked me with fake surprise. "Is there something wrong you?"

I growled. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about. So, why don't you get to the fucking point, yeah? Tell me why you're really here, you psychotic bitch."

She finally narrowed her eyes at me now that I had her focused on the topic she really wanted to discuss.

"Who's the Alpha, Sarah? Tell me where to find him."