⊰seventeen⊱

We were parked outside the Beacon Hills hospital only a few hours later. I had to make sure Stiles finished his homework with Danny and spent the rest of the time trying to ignore Derek's eyes watching me while I helped the two teenagers.

And Stiles pretty much complained about doing his homework but I knew we had to wait for dark when the hospital would be empty before we tried to confront Melissa about the text message to Allison Argent's phone.

I still can't believe Scott is in love with the enemy's daughter.

So, now I was seated in the back seat of Stiles's Jeep with Derek sitting passenger and Stiles sitting in the driver seat.

"Did you get the picture?" Scott asked when Stiles answered his phone call. I could hear the conversation even with the phone was pressed against my brother's ear.

Perks of being a werewolf.

"Yeah, I did. And it looks just like the drawing," Stiles said.

Derek grabbed Stiles's hand and brought it closer to him so he could talk into it, causing my brother to wince and babble in pain. "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something," he said to Scott. "An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no. The thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing," Scott answered. "And where are you? You're supposed to be here? You're first line." The last part was directed at my brother.

"Where the hell is Bilinski? Huh?" I heard someone asked into Scott's phone, clearly talking to Scott. I assumed it was Coach Finstock, my brother's coach and Economics teacher.

"You're coach calls you Bilinski?" I questioned.

My brother waved me off, making me chuckle. "Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start," Scott said to my brother.

"I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him...Tell him that Sarah and I will be there. We'll just be a little late, okay?" Stiles asked Scott. 

Scott agreed to do that and my brother thanked him before hanging up and slamming his phone into his center console.

"You're not gonna make it," Derek stated like it was obvious.

"I know," my brother agreed reluctantly.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either," Derek observed.

"Not till we find out the truth," Stiles argued.

"By the way, one more thing."

"Yeah," my brother said, looking at Derek, who put his hand behind my brother's head and smacked his face on his steering wheel. I growled and lurched myself forward in my seat as my brother yelled out and covered his face. "Oh, God! What the hell was—"

"You know what that was for. Go. Go!" Derek ordered my brother as he climbed from the Jeep.

"I cannot believe you did that," I growled, crawling into the driver seat. "You fucking know that I don't want you to hurt my brother.

"Well, he shouldn't have done what he did," Derek argued back as we watched my brother hurry inside the hospital.

"You mean that thing with Danny?" I giggled suddenly, making Derek glare at me. I held up my hands in defense but couldn't stop giggling. "What? It was kind of sweet. The kid was drooling over you. You should be flattered that he finds you so attractive," I teased. His glare didn't let up and I pouted my lips. "Aww come on, Derek. Don't be such a sour-wolf," I teased some more.