⊰fifteen⊱

"Please tell me why I'm not the one behind the wheel?" I complained from my spot in the back seat behind Scott—the lucky ass teenager who was currently behind the wheel of Derek's sweet Camaro.

"Would you stop complaining? You've your own sweet ride to drive, so, let us have a bit of the glory," my brother argued sassily.

"Yeah, but if I was driving, we'd be doing some real Fast and Furious shit," I grumbled. "And, the hunter wouldn't be on our tail," I added.

"Then, I should go faster?" Scott asked innocently.

"Much faster," my brother told his best friend. Scott threw the car in gear and pressed harder on the gas, sending the speedometer a little higher, but the hunters were still close behind.

They started lagging a little further behind as Scott kept pressing the gas pedal, but were still close, and my brother and I kept turning back as we were rocking around in the speeding car.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," Stiles complained.

"I don't think so either," I groaned, slightly banging my head against the window on my door.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us," he argued.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" my brother countered back.

"This is why I should've drove!" I yelled over them.

Scott threw the car into the next gear and pressed the gas even harder. I turned back to watch the car behind us swerve over and disappear in the darkness. "They're gone," my brother and I both said.

My brother turned on the police radio that he swiped from our dad and then we heard our dad's voice over the channel, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"He was supposed to lay low!" I groaned in frustration.

"We might as well go get him," Stiles said, turning to Scott.

Scott made a left into an alley close to where we had to go and I let out another groan. "He's a fucking idiot! What was he thinking?!" I growled.

"Sarah, relax. You're eyes, dude," my brother warned me.

I knew that my eyes were glowing, with the red that showed up and I sat back in the seat with a huff. I closed my eyes and let out another sharp exhale. I focused on my anchors and then opened my eyes.

"Better," Stiles relaxed against the passenger seat.

We pulled through the abandoned factory and I saw Derek hiding behind a forklift. "There!" I yelled. "Stop!"

Scott stopped the car and my brother swung open the passenger door. "Get in!" he yelled, waving Derek over before he jumped in the back to sit behind the passenger seat. Derek ran over as bullets started flying and he closed the door as Scott hit the gas again.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?!" Scott demanded the older wolf.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek yelled back, smacking the door.

"Who, the Alpha?" my brother asked as he was leaning against Scott's seat, practically sitting in my lap.

"Yes!" Derek yelled again. "He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up," he said, less loudly.

"Woah, hey, they're just doing their jobs," my brother said.

Derek glared at him, which made him shrink back just a little bit and he got into my personal space. I grunted and shoved his ass out of my lap.