⊰four⊱

I reached the vet clinic about fifteen minutes after getting off the phone with my brother. I had to calm my racing heart before I had a panic attack, because of what Derek asked me, before I left my house. 

I met my brother in the back of the clinic, where he told me to meet him, and I saw Derek slumped on a pile of animal food. He was looking rather pale and weak and I wanted to smile at the sight of him. Instead, my body wouldn't allow it, my heart involuntarily sinking to my stomach instead. "Come on, we gotta get him inside," I told my brother as I swiftly approached them. 

I saw the sweat dripping down Derek's face and him wearing that leather jacket didn't really help him at all. As Stiles and I lifted Derek to his feet, I tried to pull the jacket from his body. "Your body is trying to sweat it out of your system, so, we gotta take off this jacket," I grunted as he leaned half of his body weight on me. I may have werewolf strength, but I didn't exactly expect Derek to lean mostly against me. 

"It's wolfsbane. A rare kind," Derek panted. Great. Just fucking great. Wolfsbane. Of course it was wolfsbane! It was the one of the few things that could actually kill our kind.

Stiles helped me take the jacket off and I groaned when I saw the long-sleeved shirt underneath it. "Do you know what a t-shirt is?" I grunted, looking down at his long-sleeves.

Derek put more of his weight on Stiles as he started to take one arm from the shirt. We entered the clinic quickly, into the room where the vet does his thing to help sick animals. Derek pushed off of us and took his shirt off completely. And I saw the triskele tattoo on his back once Stiles turned on the lights. 

Derek leaned his elbow on the silver table in the middle of the room and I saw his wound. There was a hole in his arm right before the crook of his elbow and his veins along his arm were protruding out and black. I've seen that before, but I didn't have a clue how to fix it and I was hoping they did by now.

I had to keep my eyes focused on his bullet wound rather than on his body, because, wow.

I gritted my teeth silently at my horrific thoughts as my brother started to talk. "You know, that really doesn't look like anything some Echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of," my brother rambled on. 

Derek was panting like he couldn't breathe. "When the infection reaches my heart..."

I thought I'd cut in before he passed out. "It'll kill him, Stiles," I finished for Derek as he began rummaging through some drawers. 

"Exactly," Derek agreed. 

"'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles asked Derek. 

I shook my head at my brother while Derek's back was turned. "If he doesn't get here with the bullet in  time..." He started rummaging through the cabinets and drawers. "Last resort," he muttered. 

"Which is?" my brother asked. 

I jumped back behind the table to stand by my brother as Derek pulled out a bone saw. "One of you is gonna cut off my arm," he stated, leaving us both speechless. 

Well, leaving Stiles speechless. 

I, however, let out a small shriek as I yelled, "Are you fucking nuts?! Neither of us is going to cut off your fucking arm, Hale. No way, Josè!"

"If Scott doesn't get here in time, Stilinski, you won't have an option. Scott needs me to defeat the alpha. And, if the alpha finds out there's another werewolf in town, he'll do everything he can to either get you to join his pack or he'll kill you. So, yes, you will cut off my arm," Derek argued with me, despite his lack of strength.